- The objective is to provide both vertical and horizontal progression.
- Repetition will not be part of progression in Ashes of Creation.
- Progression pathways in Ashes of Creation are per-character.
The way that Ashes is constructed is there are multiple paths of progression from a from a PvX perspective, a kind of wide net perspective that players have interest in; and you're not going to be able to become the master of everything. So you're going to have to pick and choose, but even picking and choosing that gives you a place within that aspect of the world at a place that's going to be something that you can build up a reputation around. – Steven Sharif
The game hosts a wide array of progression paths, and some of those paths will grant additional paths to augmenting your threat generation. This can be in the form of enchantments and stats ... and even in the form of augments granted from societies and religions. Gear and skills choice are also a big component. – Steven Sharif
Multiple playstyles should be relevant and viable. Additionally, you have a spread between casual players and hard-core players; and most of us exist somewhere on that spectrum. The progression path in a society or religion is more conducive to the time we have to play. Whereas, someone else may be playing several hours a day, and they have a better opportunity for the raid/level progression that might require some more dedication. So we want to have these different progression paths available to accommodate the different times in our lives that we have to play the game. And all of those types of progressions will make us relevant in some way shape or form to the general world. – Steven Sharif
Having the ability to gain power at a sacrifice... That's a way to kind of reach a horizontal type of progression. It may not be entirely, because there could potentially be a meta if balancing isn't done correctly; but the objective there is to make sure we have both vertical and horizontal progression in the game. – Steven Sharif
- 1 עליית רמות
- 2 Class progression
- 3 Gear progression
- 4 Pet progression
- 5 Artisan progression
- 6 Religion progression
- 7 Mariner classes (Naval progression)
- 8 Event levels
- 9 שלבי צומת
- 10 Guild progression
- 11 Social organization progression
- 12 Alliance progression
- 13 Freehold progression
- 14 Monster coin progression
- 15 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- 16 See also
- 17 הפניות
- Experience (XP) is gained through a variety of vertical and horizontal progression paths, such as PvP, PvE, מסעות גילוי, איסוף/עיבוד/יצירה, אירועים/משימות, Grinding mobs.
- Some levels may offer more rewards than others.
- I think you can emphasize some levels more than others and that's a great way to do progression. But I think ultimately that you should see a reward for your progress or effort spent. – Steven Sharif
- As part of our ideals as a game we're not going to give boosts away. We're not going to auto-level up a character. You have to spend time acclimating yourself to what this game is, to what the world that you're part of is; and that's an investment- a time investment; and that plays towards our ideas of risk-versus-reward; and I've always said our game's not going to be for everybody and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- If I have a skill that does a thousand damage to a target of equal level I don't want my skill to do zero damage to a target that's five levels above me. – Steven Sharif
- A player could in theory level to max level at a single node, providing that node was at a high-enough stage, but it would not be the most effective means of leveling.
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
- On release the developers anticipate max level should be attainable in approximately 45 days if playing 4-6 hours per day.
- אלפא-1 had progression to level 15.
- אלפא-2 expects progression to level 35 (subject to change).
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat (such as מצור על צומת) that is not directly dependent on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because you know the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment. – Steven Sharif
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
- Certain node buildings and organizations offer quests that can be initiated by a mentor to assist new players. Rewards are offered to both the mentor and the mentee upon completion.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
The mentorship program provides individual quests that can be initiated by the mentor based off of what node that they are part of. So these are like quests that are determined by either certain buildings and/or organizations or the mayor; and there are specific ones that are available for mentors to provide mentees; and they can also participate in some of those quest lines as well: Whether that be leading your mentee through a dungeon or providing a location for them to arrive with you at, or escort quests for the NPC caravans. These types of things, when done together with your mentor, will provide benefits both for the mentor and the mentee as well, so you're incentivized to participate with new players. – Steven Sharif
- A player chooses their primary archetype at the start of the game.
- Players receive skill points as they level. These can be used to level up skills within their skill tree.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- A player may choose a secondary archetype when they reach level 25. The combination of primary and secondary archetypes is referred to as a class.
- The player can then augment their primary skills with effects from their secondary archetype.
- Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from the secondary tree. This is an example of horizontal progression.
- Augments to primary skills can fundamentally change the way the ability works - adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype/class.
If a Fighter were to choose Mage as a secondary archetype, the fighter would become a Spellsword. This combination opens up augments that can be applied to skills in their primary skill tree. Fighters have a Rush skill that allows them to rush towards a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down. A blink augment could be applied to the rush skill, which would now teleport the player to the target; thus eliminating the charge time on the skill.
Classes by archetype combination
- The design behind augments is to not just change the flavor so that it reflects the secondary archetype, but it also fundamentally changes the core components of a skill. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a כפר node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- Outside of class-specific skills there may be a subset of universal skills, such as active block and dodge.
- Class skills are not affected by the type of weapon that is equipped.
- The ability list in Alpha One is nowhere near what the ability list will be, especially from like a level/progression standpoint. So you can expect it to be incredibly different. – Steven Sharif
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
- Augments do not cost skill points. It was previously stated that certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side.
- Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- The developers will be testing the use of separate energy mechanics for universal skills in אלפא-2.
- Universal skill progression may align with a player's passive skill tree.
- Outside of your class-specific skill tree, there's going to be a subsection of a few skills that are universal, like active block, like dodge; and I think what we're going to do- or at least what we're going to be discussing here- is those universal skills will have progressions that might align with your passive tree; and you can spec skill points into progressing additional features of those universal abilities that you will have access to. So I think that's probably going to be the direction that we're going to take. – Steven Sharif
- Each type of weapon has its own skill tree that grants passive skills and proc effects and other status conditions.
- The weapon use combo system determines special effects that proc based on weapon progression.
- Ancillary effects proc based on enchantment types.
- שיפור ציוד (power stones) can be applied to add elemental or energy types of damage.
- Dual wielded weapons will have its own progression based on weapon type.
- Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
- Q: Are weapons balanced towards a proficiency system (i.e. the longer I use a sword, the better my damage will be), or will it be a normal RPG stat system with no long-term scaling?
- A: We will not be using a proficiency system as described, but players will have passives available in their skill tree that will increase effectiveness of certain weapons. Becoming a master of swords will be something that is possible, just not in that particular manner. – Sarah Flanagan
Ashes of Creation is all about providing many progression paths... The reason why we don't like the term endgame is because with the amount of progression that's available with the amount of diversity and player agency that impacts the world... We kind of want the weapon system [to] add an element of that as well... You can determine special effects that proc from currently the combo system; you can determine ancillary effects that proc based on enchantment types; you can power stone weapons to add different either elemental types of damage and/or energy that kind of play rock-paper-scissor with player defenses ... and then you can skill tree out how those effects that are granted ... you can make them better you can branch them off into a different direction. – Steven Sharif
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- התפתחות in various PvP systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- You don't really push a particular item's level requirement or the identity of that item. You can enhance it, you can add enchantments to it, but it's still the item it is. – Steven Sharif
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- Power is delegated to the pet when it is summoned and returned to the player immediately when the pet despawns.
Combat pets, which can be acquired by any archetype- and this is essentially an item that exists within your backpack- you cast the item to summon your pet. When it is summoned it's not intended to be a vertical gain of power, because when you make combat pets a vertical power gain, then it becomes a no choice solution: you must have a combat pet if you want to play efficiently- you must have a combat pet; and I wanted to steer clear of that because the way I wanted to approach combat pets was more of a horizontal power choice; meaning: depending on the type of encounter you're facing, depending on the threat assessment you have, a combat pet might be relevant, or it might not. One combat combat pet might be more relevant than another combat pet and that's part of your gear acquisition, your item chase to attain this more comprehensive selection of combat pets that you can have available to you and can be summoned in the event that you want to engage an encounter with a different aspect of your power curve: Not vertical, but horizontal. – Steven Sharif
Within each of the three parent artisan paths (איסוף, עיבוד and יצירה) there are different professions. A character may only ever master one of these parent paths and up to two (2) professions within this mastered artisan class (subject to testing).
- When it comes to complete mastery, we're really identifying around two or three right now, but that's something that gets play tested- something gets iterated upon. – Steven Sharif
- A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered.
- Players will have the opportunity to dabble in all of the professions at a very beginners level and then you know that gives them an understanding of what that profession feels like and then allows them to pinpoint the direction that they want to go in to master particular professions. – Steven Sharif
- Based on testing, it may be decided to limit profession mastery certificates to a capped value.
- Becoming a master Crafter or a master Processor or a master Gatherer should be a significant time investment and resource investment; and because of that it should also be something that when you achieve that status it's like people on the server know who you are. – Steven Sharif
- Masteries aren’t just about making an item. They grant many things, including titles, access to items, bargains, and quests. 
- Previously it was stated that with considerable effort a player can master all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was later changed to a player being able to master some but not all professions within a mastered parent artisan class. This was changed to being able to master up to two or three professions within a mastered parent artisan class (subject to testing). The current stance is being able to master up to two professions.
- Choosing a specific path in the skill tree allows the player an opportunity to specialize in a certain area. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- When we reference not being masters of all that doesn't mean you're not a master within your own one of the three artisan types, which is you know crafter or gatherer, processor. You will be a master of one of those, you will not be master of the other two. – Steven Sharif
- Progression in the gathering artisan class unlocks higher level harvesting tools that enable gathering of higher level resources.
- Artisan progression unlocks higher level surveying tools that enable better identification of gatherable resources within a location.
- Higher level of progression can also speed up gathering times, resource yields, and may allow access to resources at earlier growth stages.
- A gatherer at maximum proficiency will unlock master toolsets that will grant them access to the highest quality gatherables.
- Tools will have durability and tool lifespans.
- Artisans will not need to rely on other trees in order to make their tools.
- Tools do advance within the artisan tree, so your ability to either gather, process or craft will require the equivalent tools necessary at that stage of crafting in order to accomplish the task at hand. So, you could not mine copper and mithril with the same tool. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are considering the introduction gathering tools that require two players, such as two-person saws that can fell larger trees.
- Your progression within the profession will take account what tools you can use. There might even be some opportunity to do some gathering with other players that you know. Typically in other games that I play you usually do the gathering alone. You're venturing around alone; and we wanted to take a look at maybe having a friend to help you with a two person saw on a larger tree. Maybe there's some panning that you could do as opposed to just hitting with the pickaxe. So, we'll have other tools that are part of that progression path and other activities that players can do if they would like to gather together. – Kory Rice
|Tool rarity||Resource tiers||Vendor price||Vendor location|
|Common||1||10g||Alpha-1 starting area|
|Uncommon||1 - 2||100g||משלחת (שלב 1) nodes|
|Rare||1 - 3||500g||מחנה (שלב 2) nodes|
|Epic||1 - 4||2000g||כפר (שלב 3) nodes|
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
- If the player character leaves the server then the item will become available for acquisition through whatever means it was acquired previously.
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Players may follow only one religion at a time.
- Religious progression is based on quests that are only offered to followers of that religion.
- Religions have a ranking system based on a player's performance in these quests and the number of quests completed.
- Changing religion will cause loss of progress in a player's previous religion.
It depends on their dedication to the religion itself; their performance when it comes to certain religion's religious objectives; their contribution to the development of that religion within the world. There's a lot of different markers that we use at each stage to determine how they progress within the religion. – Steven Sharif
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to שיעורי אומן. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Interaction with attachments, such as gunnery.
- Piloting/driving the ship.
- Ship navigation.
- Utilizing ship components, such as furling the sails.
- Ship repair, such as the speed and amount of health restored.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
- The benefits of having Mariner expertise is not just related to activities you can do on the ships, but will also incorporate skills that become available when you're piloting ships as well. There's a few things that Mariner classes provide: interaction with attachments on the ship, driving the ship itself, utilizing the ship's components—like furling the sails or not—as well as repairing ships when damage is taken—the speed at which you can do it, the health you regenerate when you do it. – Steven Sharif
- For example, if the event takes place in a zone that has a base population of let's say average level 25, then one of the trigger conditions might be that 10 monsters of level 25 have been killed recently in that zone and the level 25 event will now spawn additional content designed for level 25 players. So these events aren't always going to be end-game they're going to be obviously appropriate based on the content in which the predicate system is informing, but they also could be something completely top level that is introduced at a lower-level area and brings population traffic of the players back to those types of things. – Steven Sharif
|שלב הצומת||סימון||שם חלופי||מסגרת זמן להתפתחות||דיור לשחקנים|
|3.||כפרים||-||כמה ימים||בתים קטנים|
|4.||עיירות||-||הרבה ימים||בתים בינוניים|
|5.||ערים||-||כמה שבועות||בתים גדולים|
איזור ההתפתחות של הצומת הוא היכן שציביליזציה תופיע כאשר צומת מתפתח. ככל שהצומת עולה שלבים, בניינים שונים, דמויות ללא שחקן (NPCs), ושירותים יהפכו לזמינים באיזור ההתפתחות. ככל שרמת הצומת גבוהה יותר, כך איזור ההתפתחות יהיה מורכב ומאוכלס יותר. אזור ההתפתחות ישתנה גם בהתאם לסוג הצומת - כלכלי, צבאי, מדעי, או שמימי; נרחיב יותר על כל אחד מהסוגים בפוסטים עתידיים בסדרה הזו.  – Margaret Krohn
- צמתים מתפתחים לשלב הראשון במהירות. זה מאפשר שירותים של דמויות ללא שחקן כמו מכר או בנקאות של חפצים.
- ככל שצומת מתקדם כך אזור השפעה שלו גדל.
- צמתים פחות מתקדמים (מכונים צמתים צמיתים) שנמצאים בתוך איזור השפעה של צומת מתקדם יותר יכולים עדיין לצבור XP, אבל חייבים להשאר בשלב התפתחות נמוך יותר מהצומת הדומיננטי.
- אלגוריתם הרחבת הטריטוריה לוקח בחשבון את החוף הקרוב ביותר, צמתים שכנים, ואת מפת החום של שחקנים באזורים הסמוכים במהלך השבועות או החודש האחרון.
הדרך שבה האלגוריתם מרחיב שטחים לוקחת בחשבון כמה דברים: דבר ראשון היא לוקחת בחשבון את החוף לדוגמה היכן החוף הכי קרוב. דבר שני היא לוקחת בחשבון את הצמתים הסמוכים כך שהוא יוכל להשתלט עליהם ולהפוך אותם לצמיתים שלו, אבל מה שחשוב יותר זה בעצם האוכלוסייה הראשונית שנקבעת על ידי בחירת השחקנים את הגזעים שלהם. מכיוון שיש לנו תשעה גזעים שונים וארבע נקודות התחלה שונות שמתפצלות, צפיפות האוכלוסייה של כל שרת הולכת להכתיב למעשה את הצמתים הראשונים שיהיו מאוכלסים מאוד ואז הגרעין הראשוני הזה הוא זה שהולך לקבוע את מבנה כל צומת תוך כדי שהוא נע בתוך היבשה בעצם אל תוך העולם; ובהתבסס על הביצועים וההצלחות של מצורים שונים יקבע אילו צמתים שננעלו ממקודם בהתקדמות הראשונית יוכלו להיות זמינים כעת כדי להתקדם הלאה. אז אני באמת חושב שעם כל כך הרבה משתנים שנמצאים במשוואה של איך צמתים מתקדמים ונשארים קיימים ככל שיש לך יותר משתנים, ככה תהיה הסבירות שתהיה התפצלות משמעותית בהתקדמות עולם גבוהה יותר . – Steven Sharif
בדרך כלל האלגוריתם שפועל על הרחבת הטריטוריה של צמתים ימנע מצמתים משמעותיים להיות קרובים זה לזה ... יכולה להיות סערה מושלמת בה כל הרחבה של אלגוריתם הטריטוריה תגרום לכך שצמתים יתקרבו זה לזה מאוד מכיוון שקיימות דרישות מסוימות שצריכות להתקיים בכדי לספק את האפשרות של השתלטות על צמתים צמיתים; וייתכן ששני צמתים לעולם לא יהפכו אחד את השני לצמית ובסופו של דבר יהיו צמודים זה לזה וימשיכו להרחיב את הטריטוריה שלהם בכיוונים מנוגדים: בערך כמו בספר "בין שתי ערים". – Steven Sharif
- צומת לא מקבל XP מהצמתים האחרים שתחת אזור ההשפעה שלו עד שאותם הצמתים מתפתחים לרמה הכי גבוהה שהם יכולים.
- שחקנים יועברו למקום בטוח אם הם נמצאים במקום של נכסים חדשים שצריכים להווצר במהלך התרחבות של צומת.
- אזרחים של צומת אחד יכולים לתרום להתקדמות של צמתים אחרים
- האחוז המדויק של התקדמות מהשגת חפצים או מהריגה של מפלצות לא יהיה ידוע במפורש כדי להימנע מ"לשחק" את המערכת.
- A מטרופולין (שלב 6) can control up to two עיר (שלב 5) nodes. A עיר (שלב 5) can control one עיירה (שלב 4) and one כפר (שלב 3) node. A כפר (שלב 3) can control an מחנה (שלב 2) or an משלחת (שלב 1). If the כפר (שלב 3) gets destroyed through a siege, its "vassals" are also destroyed.
- Vassal nodes gain benefits from their sovereign node (parent node) even if the node type of the parent is different to the vassal.
- It is not a bad thing to be vasseled, it is a good thing to be vasseled. It brings many benefits from the Sovereign, which is the the ultimate parent of that vassal network down to the vassal node itself; and it allows that vassal node to even live outside of its normal mechanics. You get to adopt some of the benefits that the node type of your sovereign is, even if your node type as a vassal node isn't the same. – Steven Sharif
- Sovereign nodes collect taxes from their vassal nodes. These taxes cannot be taken by the mayor or other players.
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring/Adjacent nodes from משלחת (שלב 1) upward block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This was intended to be tested in אלפא-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see התנוונות של צומת). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- When the vassal reaches its cap it overflows experience up to the parent; and so it can be very good early on for parents to get vassal nodes that are very productive- that have a lot of traffic. – Steven Sharif
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
- If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- צמתים צמיתים must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
Node layout and style
- Environment (biome) and location of the node.
- The way that the node system is built is that they can exist across a spread of 18 biomes, but at the same time have to represent the cultural influence of these cultures that are intrinsically a part of a specific biome. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes will adjust the local topography to fit the aesthetic and mechanical requirements of the node.
Currently the way that the platform system is set up, is it's capable of adjusting the topography of the node's footprint, regardless of the surrounding terrain. So the reason for that is we want to have flexibility in the presentation of the node's layout and how it is essentially both from an aesthetic standpoint as well as a mechanical standpoint with node sieges- how it's constructed and that construction should have the ability to take on a variance of different types of topography. So it shouldn't be dependent on the surrounding area. Now that's not to say that the surrounding area isn't going to have some influence over. So for example... we're experimenting a little bit with the platform tech and putting up a node up against the side of a mountain or on the edge of a cliff or something that has a beautiful vista. Those are things that we're going to test out obviously as we continue to work on the node tool and how that platform system works, but the idea is to have the node independent of the surrounding terrain. – Steven Sharif
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
- Race that contributed the highest percentage to the node's advancement will alter the racial appearance of its buildings, דמויות ללא שחקן, and props.
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
- It should be possible for a node to complete several building projects within a mayor's one month term in office.
- Q: How long would you say it will take players on average to fill slash build up a node completely from wilderness to metropolis?
- A: It's one thing to get a node to a certain level: it's another thing to develop the node; and I can't really give you an on-average expectation, because there's a lot of variables at play. There's how many citizens does the node have attracted to it; what's the type of traffic that the node is attracting to it based on things like its tax rates, or the specialization that it chose to spec into, based on the building types it's chosen to build. All of those things are variables that can affect the quote-unquote "average build-out time" of a particular node. So it's kind of difficult to give you an average when there's so many variables along those lines. But the idea is that if there is a particular project that players are interested in in developing based on the node stage, that they would have the ability to complete several of those projects as within a single term of a mayor; and a term of a mayor is one month. – Steven Sharif
- חזות הציוד of certain armor sets is influenced by the player's race.
- Node layout and style is influenced by the race that contributes the most to that node.
- דמויות ללא שחקן will react differently to different character races.
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
Zones and progression
מבוכים, פשיטות, בוסים עולמיים, Mobs, משימות, אירועים, משאבים, Narratives and other content within a node's אזור השפעה will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
- Portions of the spawn tables (for mobs and resources) are static and other portions are dynamic and adapt to node development.
- We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- Passive abilities increase certain stats relating to a guild member's ability to perform in combat or in other aspects of the guild, such as the economy.
- הרחבות may apply at the upper tiers of guild progression.
- Guild members do not need to be citizens of the same node in order to benefit from passive skills and augments.
- Guild size can be traded off for guild progression.
- אולמי גילדות can be unlocked at a certain stage of guild advancement.
- Guilds cannot respec their skill points once allocated. This is subject to testing.
- It's not always going to be combat. You could have an economic focus guild. You could have a trade oriented guild; and there's all sorts of things that you can kind of put together and kind of give your guild its own identity. – Jeffrey Bard
Social organization progression
A player progresses through a social organization by accomplishing tasks or quests. There are hierarchical paths pertaining to specific questlines for the organization's thematic. These quests will either be cooperative with or adversarial against other nodes based on their mutual war status.
- - For example, a Thieves' guild may have objectives and quests toward securing a particular item to enable players to advance within the organization.
Social organizations are going to have questlines that players participate in which some will include sabotage, espionage, intrigue... While it's not necessarily player versus player in the combat sense, it is player versus player in pitting communities in those organizations kind of against each other in a competitive atmosphere, where only some things can be accomplished by certain communities; and not everybody can succeed at a particular task. So, I think that that's a unique way to involve meaningful conflict that doesn't necessarily have to relate to PvP, because obviously we have a lot of PvP systems in the game and and there are many ways for players to participate in player versus player combat; but we also want to make sure that from a progression standpoint, from a system standpoint there are going to be abilities of individuals to follow these questlines, these tasks that will pit organizations against each other, specifically from an organizational standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Social organizations unlock augments.
You're gonna see augments being used a lot throughout a lot of our systems. When we're talking about the guild system, when we're talking about social organizations, when we're talking about religions. A lot of those things are going to affect how and what you have available to augment your skills with. – Jeffrey Bard
- התפתחות pathways within alliances.
- גילדות sharing common services with alliance members.
- Alliances can toggle relationships with nodes.
Content that revolves around alliances specifically and progression within the development of that alliance; and the ability to share some common services between guilds that are part of that alliance. I think that additionally allowing alliances to toggle certain relationships with nodes as an interaction is beneficial. That's going to provide an interesting dynamic for players who are either members of the particular node that has the relationship established or members of the Alliance. So I think that obviously building systems is is about creating the channels by which these players can form bonds and the more layers you have around those you know channels of bonding between the different guilds or players, the more sustainable that relationship. – Steven Sharif
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Professions such as Farming and Fishing.
- Freehold buildings can be used to process gathered resources into processed goods, such as Animal husbandry and Metalworking.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds.
- Player owned businesses such as taverns can be placed on freehold plots.
Player owned businesses
- משימות that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- Q: What benefits do players receive for taking on the role of a tavern owner?
- A: You will get noticeability with regards to your creations because that will be displayed to the characters that consume those things; but, in addition, you can get certain types of itemization rewards depending on the number of patrons that you serve. You can also reap economic rewards, such as gold from the inn that you are selling your goods at. And then you can unlock access to certain types of recipes and or vendors based on the level of reputation you build up in that particular node. – Steven Sharif
Monster coin progression
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level. – Steven Sharif
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse adventure paths
- The first chapter of Apocalypse is The Exodus. Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- There will be an optional Legendary Path that players can purchase for USD $10 per 10 weeks.
- The Legendary Path offers over 50 cosmetic rewards.
- אלפא-1 backers and Intrepid pre-order pack owners will be granted a lifetime compendium (battle pass) to the Legendary path.
- אלפא-2, בטא-1 and בטא-2 backers will have access to the first chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn.
- Other קיקסטארטר, summer backers and pre-order pack owners will receive the first chapter of the legendary path for free for 70 days. 71 different cosmetic rewards can be earned starting from December 18th.
- The Legendary path will also have a shop for one-off cosmetics.
- Embers can be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- All Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse allow players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- יצורי רכיבה.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
|Basic axe.||Hallowed Bronze Axe.||Arcanic Bronze Axe.||Pyroclastic Bronze Axe.||Eldritch Bronze Axe.|
|Thundering Mace.||Hallowed Mace.||Arcanic Mace.||Pyroclastic Mace.||Eldritch Mace.|
- שידור חי, 2021-12-23 (1:32:10).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (51:52).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (1:55).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (42:17).
- שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:17:40).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (28:38).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:53:53).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- שידור חי, 2022-10-14 (23:15).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (46:27).
- שידור חי, 2022-05-27 (1:11:10).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- שידור חי, 2022-07-29 (1:24:58).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (52:41).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (1:06:34).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- שידור חי, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:07:59).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (19:25).
- שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- שידור חי, 2022-01-28 (15:35).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- שידור חי, 2020-09-30 (1:07:22).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (54:44).
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (50:50).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (37:43).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (54:35).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:47:55).
- פודקאסט, 2021-09-29 (30:04).
- שידור חי, 2021-06-25 (1:05:01).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- שידור חי, 2019-12-17 (1:13:14).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (20:45).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (53:15).
- שידור חי, 2021-11-19 (50:38).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-09-30 (17:00).
- שידור חי, 2021-09-24 (1:18:06).
- שידור חי, 2021-06-25 (23:08).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:12:50).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:19:24).
- שידור חי, 2022-12-02 (1:05:08).
- שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (53:08).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:53:52).
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (1:28:40).
- שידור חי, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- שידור חי, 2022-06-30 (1:12:38).
- שידור חי, 2022-09-30 (53:15).
- שידור חי, 2022-09-30 (43:45).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-09-30 (24:49).
- פודקאסט, 2021-09-29 (47:57).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (49:18).
- שידור חי, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- שידור חי, 2021-06-25 (1:29:39).
- שידור חי, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:15:57).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- שידור חי, 2022-05-27 (1:20:00).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-17 (58:55).
- שידור חי, 2022-01-28 (56:12).
- שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (1:26:00).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2022-01-14 (42:18).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:21:14).
- שידור חי, 2019-06-28 (1:24:27).
- שידור חי, 2021-07-30 (1:15:29).
- שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (1:13:00).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (5:25).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (18:47).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (36:38).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-10-28 (19:10).
- שידור חי, 2022-10-14 (32:38).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (38:25).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-10-28 (25:11).
- שידור חי, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-10-28 (26:14).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:02:06).
- שידור חי, 2022-03-31 (1:15:02).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- שידור חי, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (57:02).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (44:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-06-01 (33:40).
- שידור חי, 2022-09-30 (1:24:54).
- שידור חי, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- שידור חי, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (44:13).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:07:34).
- שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:04:35).
- שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:10:16).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (39:17).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- שידור חי, 2022-02-25 (41:00).
- שידור חי, 2021-02-26 (1:12:18).
- שידור חי, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (29:47).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- שידור חי, 2022-07-29 (1:13:09).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (33:00).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- פודקאסט, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:28:50).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (55:39).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (22:10).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (36:07).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (1:31:53).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (9:36).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:11:13).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-17 (7:27).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (24:34).
- פודקאסט, 2018-05-11 (18:52).
- שידור חי, 2017-06-01 (31:47).
- פודקאסט, 2018-05-11 (21:07).
- פודקאסט, 2018-05-11 (48:29).
- שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (39:47).
- שידור חי, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- שידור חי, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27).
- פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (41:03).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- שידור חי, 2019-06-28 (51:37).
- שידור חי, 2022-12-02 (1:22:30).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:45).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- שידור חי, 2019-09-30 (1:34:34).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (51:20).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (1:00:52).
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- שידור חי, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (26:03).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (26:23).
- Bronze Axe Skins.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:08).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:12).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:19).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:30).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:37).
- Thundering Mace Skins.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:43).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:47).
- שידור חי, 2018-12-06 (28:51).