- A player may choose their secondary archetype when they reach level 25.
- The secondary archetype does not provide additional skills.
- A player chooses their primary archetype at the start of the game.
- Players receive skill points as they level. These can be used to level up skills within their skill tree.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- A player may choose a secondary archetype when they reach level 25. The combination of primary and secondary archetypes is referred to as a class.
- The player can then augment their primary skills with effects from their secondary archetype.
- Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from the secondary tree. This is an example of horizontal progression.
- Augments to primary skills can fundamentally change the way the ability works - adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype/class.
If a Fighter were to choose Mage as a secondary archetype, the fighter would become a Spellsword. This combination opens up augments that can be applied to skills in their primary skill tree. Fighters have a Rush skill that allows them to rush towards a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down. A Mage's escape augment could be applied to the rush skill, which would now teleport the player to the target; thus eliminating the charge time on the skill.
- 1 Classes by archetype combination
- 2 Class abilities
- 3 Changing/switching
- 4 Class trials
- 5 Racial benefits
- 6 תפקידים
- 7 Weapons and Armor
- 8 PvX
- 9 אלפא-1
- 10 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- 11 Community guides
- 12 See also
- 13 הפניות
Classes by archetype combination
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
We're not really talking about 64 true classes, we're talking about eight classes with 64 variants... There isn't as much variance between the 64 classes as you might expect. It's not like there are you know 64 different versions of... radically different classes. – Jeffrey Bard
There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and kind of bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is. – Steven Sharif
When it comes to the the primary archetype, that is a decision you'll want to make and you'll want to make sure it's the right decision, because it's permanent... You are going to create this identity that you can't just change on the fly. This is going to be something that you will know a person and you will know what their base archetype is and they're not just going to change from battle to battle. So that gives some consistency in the engagements and understanding reputation on the server. – Steven Sharif
When players choose their primary class, it’s not just dictating how the next several hundred hours of gameplay will go... It’s only the primary class that cannot be changed. And hey, that’s what alts are for!
- Players will likely need to speak to a NPC in a Village node or above to enable them to change their secondary archetype and skill augments.
- There probably will be a cooldown associated with switching secondary archetype.
- It may also be possible to swap between multiple specs after the cooldown period.
The secondary class choice, which comes after some time getting used to the world of Verra, will be more fluid. If you choose the Fighter and the Rogue to make a Shadowblade, but eventually want to try your hand at Summoning to make a Bladecaller, you’ll be able to do so.
We don't want you to be able to change your secondary class or the augments you have applied out in the open. We want you to have to make a conscious choice somewhere at a NPC. The level of node necessary for that particular NPC to be available will likely be either at the Village stage or above. So, if you are far out in the wilderness exploring – and we have no instant teleportation in the world – you need to be conscientious of what your choices are; and not be able to change them on-the-fly. – Steven Sharif
- Races are not gender or class locked.
- Some classes may work better with certain races but nothing is enforced.
You'll have racial augments that are capable of being applied to active skills and those augments are going to be a reflection of the flavor of that specific race. In addition, races will have differing degrees of stats and our game in our class system relies on certain stats to achieve different metrics in the game when it comes to damage, defense, and landing rates and all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
- The primary archetype grows the base stats.
- The secondary archetype (class) does not contribute to stat growth. This is a revision of an earlier statement.
Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any kind of meta for what classes are best used with different races. – Steven Sharif
- שיפורי מיומנויות הזמינים דרך מערכת סוגי הדמויות מאפשרים לשחקנים לעצב את דמותם ותפקידם אל מחוץ לתפקידם הראשי.
יש לנו שמונה תפקידים בסיסיים; והשילוש מהווה השפעה די חזקה ביחס לשמונה המקצועות הבסיסיים. עם זאת, האזור בו ניתן לשחק בקו המפריד את השילוש הוא בבחירה של המקצוע המשני. זהו האזור בו אנחנו מערבבים בין התחומים השונים ומאפשרים לשחקנים קצת השפעה על תפקידם ועל האם או לא אפשר לסווג אותם לקטגוריה מסויימת מתוך שילוש התפקידים. – Steven Sharif
Weapons and Armor
Weapons are intended to be somewhat agnostic in the sense that you can find a way for a weapon to be utilized by different classes. Not just the rogue is going to be able to use daggers. Because if you restrict equipment through that, it makes the economy more difficult to have sustainability across the market of items. – Steven Sharif
We like to really refer to ourselves as a PvX game, because in those systems of PvP, PvE, crafting they're all intertwined: They're interdependent on each other... Our system of development really requires some interdependence there between those things. You're going to need a crafter to give you the best items. You're going to need PvPers to secure cities and castles. You're gonna need PvErs to take down those world bosses for those materials to craft. – Steven Sharif
- There is a balance between PvP and PvE in Ashes of Creation.
- Some servers may be more PvP focused than others.
- There will not be different PvP and PvE gear types.
- התפתחות in the game might require PvE elements.
- All stats relate to a player's combat effectiveness in PvX.
We're very clear with our objective and philosophy on the game and we understand that they may not appeal to everybody. But you know it is an important reciprocal relationship between the content that's related to PvE and the content that's related to PvP and they feed off of each other. They're catalysts for change: Their progression, their development. It's things that people can value when they see something earned and they see something lost. That elicits an emotional response from the player: That they've invested time in to either succeed or fail; and PvP allows for that element to be introduced into gameplay. And we're very clear that is our objective: That risk versus reward relationship, that achievement-based mentality. Not everybody's going to be a winner and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- Hybrid action/tab combat.
- התפתחות to level 20.
- 4 playable races.
- Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Ranger, and Tank archetypes will initially be present in Alpha-1. The Bard, Rogue, and Summoner archetypes will follow later in development.
- The אלפא-1 map will have many islands and a mainland area. It will be almost 100 km2 in size.
- צמתים will be fully featured.
- There will be 9 node locations in אלפא-1.
- Portions of player housing.
- Core gameplay loop of the artisan system via the merchant (NPC) system.
- איסוף, עיבוד, יצירה is expected to come online in אלפא-2.
- Previously this was targeted for אלפא-1.
- יוצר הדמות.
- Merchant systems.
- Player trading.
- ארגונים חברתיים.
- Name reservations.
- Two to three servers.
- Daggers (Dual weapons).
- ספינות for "island hopping".
- Loot rules.
- UI and tutorial systems will be placeholders until אלפא-2.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse classes
- Skills/abilities are not tied specifically to weapons in castle siege mode.
- Base class skills may be able to be selected from a host of available skills for that class based on a player's progression within that season.
We had a little bit of an idea that we're going to explore with regards to each of the classes having a range of skills and abilities that players can customize that skill kit based on their progression within a season, let's say; and that progression can be gained from any of the modes and it would grant you the ability to kind of customize that skill kit for the before the siege mode or the horde mode. But that's something that might come at a later date. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing
- Healing skills are proximity based: Centered on self or centered on projectile impact.
- There will be healing potion bursts (healing grenades) that will grant life to allies.
- Healing is part of Class kits that come into play during the testing of אפר של יצירה האפוקליפסה מצור על טירות.
We have a few design theories on action combat and healing to began with phase one. Part of that will be the implementation of a class system into the castle siege and horde mode of phase one. Those will be kits that play out as skills available from an action perspective. You'll be able to target in proximity, basically so positioning is going to matter. Importantly, for healers being close to the individual party members you wish to heal. Additionally, you'll have reticle based healing methods. This would be a template that could be launched in that direction as a pulse of heels or augments. So there's a lot of different systems are playing with that you'll see more of when we get to those when we get to the castle siege system and the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation class list.
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (33:26).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (50:50).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (49:53).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (54:44).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (37:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:40:17).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (59:28).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (1:01:01).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:14:26).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:47:55).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- שידור חי, 2019-12-17 (1:13:14).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (53:15).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:12:50).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:19:24).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (41:02).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (49:20).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:07).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:06:53).
- Podcast, 2017-05-04 (17:02).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (AM) (21:21).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (35:58).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (43:30).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (43:28).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (1:4:56).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (AM) (25:52).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- שידור חי, 2017-05-22 (46:04).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:40:16).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (47:05).
- שידור חי, 2018-05-04 (45:37).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2018-04-16 (1:32).
- PvX definition.
- שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (24:52).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (33:25).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (14:05).
- שידור חי, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-03-23 (0:01).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (15:35).
- שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (54:48).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2018-04-05 (1:01:40).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-10-17 (53:50).
- שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:41:11).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (12:38).
- שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (22:43).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-01 (1:02:99).
- שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (37:16).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (59:25).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (20:40).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:29:17).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (18:55).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:10:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (19:02).
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (35:12).
- שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- שידור חי, 2019-01-11 (41:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (11:38).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (59:37).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- שידור חי, 2019-01-11 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (19:40).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-17 (12:05).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-12-06 (2:04).