שווקים in Ashes of Creation are regional, which means that each market has its own character. Because resources will shift locations as they’re exhausted, this will keep people moving about the world, seeking out the best resources for their crafting builds, and the best markets for their goods.
- There will be no central auction house or warehouse.
- בתי מכירות פומביות in up to two economic metropolises (including their vassal nodes) can be linked with the linked economy superpower.
- There will be item decay (material sinks), deconstruction mechanics and other gold sinks to combat inflation.
- The developers are considering the use of adaptive price points in merchant shops based on the amount of gold being generated or sunk in the economy.
- There will be player to player trading.
One major feature in our economy that differs from most fantasy style MMOs is that we're not approaching it from a global scale. Rather, we're trying to carve the world up into regions and make each one focus independently, while of course at the same time working together. – Peter Pilone
The economy present in אלפא-1 is not reflective of the final state of the game.
- 1 Economic regions
- 2 Buying and selling
- 3 Player to player trading
- 4 Theft
- 5 Storage
- 6 קרוואנים
- 7 שיעורי אומן
- 8 Player owned businesses
- 9 Taxes
- 10 שחיקה של חפצים
- 11 Security systems
- 12 מנהל העולם
- 13 Trade agreements
- 14 Sharemarket
- 15 Real estate
- 16 Visuals
- 17 See also
- 18 הפניות
Economic regions are static areas defined by geographic points of interest.
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- צמתים are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node אזור השפעה (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
The whole map would be under the influence of 1 of 5 castle regions. However, castle regions aren't the only TYPE of region - there are also economic regions, among other things. – Sarah Flanagan
Buying and selling
דוכנים, personal shops, and auction houses enable buying from and selling to other players.
|דוכנים||Personal shops||Auction houses|
דוכנים (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node or in שווקים מרכזיים (the constructible building available for placement by mayors of any עיירה (שלב 4) node or higher).
All nodes do have the ability to spawn player stalls. If you're not an economic node and you don't have a market- that's essentially your unique building- then you can construct essentially what is I guess would be called a... marketplace; and that marketplace will then come with certain services and it will come with a certain number of stalls. The economic node as I recall has the ability to construct an auction house and the auction house serves through the economic means the ability to list and sell items and that comes with additional stalls as well for the players. – Steven Sharif
Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.
- Player stalls are rentable by node citizens.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- Player stalls are linked to a player's warehouse.
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Player stalls do not require the attendance of the character or for that character to be online.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Stall sales are also listed in auction houses.
- This may no longer be accurate.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Player stalls may still operate during node siege declaration. This is subject to testing.
Certificates to place Personal shops (player-owned shops) may be purchased by citizens and non-citizens from צמתים כלכליים.
- These certificates allow the placement of a personal shop near the unique building in an economic node or on a freehold.
- Once the economic node has reached metropolis stage, personal shops may be placed anywhere in the world.
- When a character creates a personal shop, a billboard pops up above them with a custom advertisement message for items or services available on that character's person. Purchasers can interact directly with the character to purchase these items or services.
A player shop is where you have a certificate to essentially create a shop with your character and a little billboard will pop up above you as you sit down for that shop and advertise a custom message that you want say that has to sell things and/or services that are on your person. So players can then come up to you and they can interact with you. So you reside yourself to that shop. – Steven Sharif
בתי מכירות פומביות enable players to list items at the Economic node in which the auction house is located.
- A listing fee will be charged to list items in the auction house.
- צמתים צמיתים of the auction house node will be able to view items that are listed on that auction house, regardless of node type of the vassal node.
- Items listed are also visible in community boards (bulletin boards).
- Integrated auction houses allow players to purchase items directly from remote auction houses.
- Purchases of materials and gatherables will be automatically deposited within the listing node's local warehouse. Players will need to travel to that warehouse to retrieve them. Players wishing to move these items elsewhere will need to utilize the caravan system or other type of transportation.
- Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables will be mailed to the purchaser.
- There may be a taxation difference between auction houses versus other player businesses.
Data relating to auction houses, such as price history, volumes, average prices, may be available to players via a mayor-constructed service building in their node.
- That's probably how it's going to be surfaced... Your your mayor is going to have to build it for you. – Jeffrey Bard
Bulletin boards are available within nodes and player taverns.
- A market UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- This includes items for sale in player stalls and auction houses.
- Players can't purchase directly from the market UI. Instead it gives the location of player stalls where the items may be purchased.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
Merchant דמויות ללא שחקן (also called Vendors) are present from the first stage of node development (משלחת).
- Merchant NPCs are identified by a golden shimmer on their nameplates.
- Merchant NPCs will in general be able to buy items from players.
Player to player trading
There will be player to player trading in Ashes of Creation.
- Player to player trading, interacting with vendors or דמויות ללא שחקן, and the ability to access storage is disabled for corrupted players.
- Q: Will Ashes of Creation have player-to-player trading? Will there be anything stopping me from gifting a friend that's fresh to the game a bunch of in-game money to help them get on their feet quickly?
- A: There won't be anything to stop you from doing that. – Steven Sharif
An escrow system is planned to prevent griefing in the crafting system.
- We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
- Raw gatherables and materials are not able to be mailed by players.
- Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables from integrated auction houses will be mailed to the purchaser.
- Social messages sent via mail will be received instantly.
- It hasn't been decided whether crafted items such as gear will be able to be sent via mail.
- From an item standpoint obviously we can't allow mailing to include any type of resource material or raw gatherable because those are central to the gameplay and transiting through the caravan system and economic regions. But it may be possible to send completed crafted items like you know gear, equipment, stuff like that. But it's something we're still discussing. – Steven Sharif
כבילה של ציוד
יתכן שתהיה כבילה של ציוד (BoE או BoP) אבל זה יהיה מקרה חריג ולא הכלל, מכיוון שזה מנוגד ליעדים של הכלכלה.
- מעט מאוד ציוד יהיה כבול למשתמש או כבול נשמה באפר היצירה.
- כלכלת המשחק תהיה מבוססת על יצירה ושחיקה של חפצים.
- ניתן להשיג ציוד בעזרת יצירה, איסוף, ועיבוד ביחד עם פשיטות ובוסים של מבוכים.
הרבה ממה שחווינו במשחקים שבדרך כלל מגיעים לפנינו זה שהרבה דברים כבולים למשתמש והם כבולים לשחקן שלך... אצלנו במקום זאת, מעט מאוד יהיה כבול למשתמש. מעט מאוד מאוד. הרוב המכריע של הציוד- כן אתם תקבלו ציוד ממשימות כתגמול - אך לא נניח סט אחד שנמצא במבוך אחד ואתם חייבים לעשות את המבוך שוב ושוב. במקום זאת אנו רוצים להדגיש ממש את ההסתמכות על הכלכלה ועל בעלי המלאכה והלקטים והמעבדים כדי שיהוו את רוב מערכת הציוד במשחק, בשילוב עם פשיטות על בוסים עולמיים, ובוסים של מבוכים; לא קו משימה שחוזר על עצמו במבוך בודד. – Steven Sharif
There will not be a theft (stealing/pickpocketing) mechanic in Ashes of Creation in regards to living players.
- There may be quest related actions that involve some form of stealing, but not of actual items from a player's inventory, where the player is identified as the quest's target via a title or some other means.
That kind of emergent gameplay is obviously the objective behind how can we accommodate a non-static quest-line; and the way you do that is you can apply a flag to a title and whoever holds that title becomes the target of that quest segment. And this can change too because that title can change- you know different people might rise up in the ranks of different societies and organizations. – Steven Sharif
- Players are not able to be robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
There is not a theft mechanic for you to walk up to a player that's alive and steal something. – Steven Sharif
Storage points exist at warehouses within nodes and in chests (storage containers) that can be placed in freeholds and static in-node housing.
Warehouses are storage points within a node.
- Warehouses may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alts. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within a node following a siege declaration against that node.
- דוכנים are linked to that player's warehouse.
- A portion of all Materials (crafting components) and Gatherables that were stored in successfully sieged nodes become lootable to the victors of the siege as spoils of war.
- Whole items (crafted items) are not vulnerable to loss during node sieges.
- Corrupt players may not store items in public warehouses.
- Personal caravans may be launched from any point of storage (including warehouses).
Player housing storage
Chests are a type of furniture that provides localized storage within a specific house.
- Players must obtain and place storage containers in their player-owned housing.
- Different grades of storage containers have different inventory capacities.
- There are restrictions on the grades of storage containers available in different types of houses.
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Personal storage chests may be set to permit access by family or guild members.
- Transfer of resources and materials to alts will only be possible via player housing storage, as this is local to the specific house.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within a node following a siege declaration against that node.
- Gatherables and processed goods that were stored in in-node housing and apartment storage chests become lootable upon a successful siege against the parent node. These do not become lootable if the node survives the siege- even if the housing buildings are destroyed or damaged during the siege.
- Corrupt players are able to utilize private storage in their דיור חופשי.
- Personal caravans may be launched from any point of storage (including chests).
Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- Banking between characters will likely be restricted to Furniture and completed items.
- A warehouse ability may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alternate characters. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
The caravan system is an open world PvP system that revolves around opportunity and risk. קרוואנים facilitate the transfer of goods for players wishing to turn a profit.
- Caravans are for the transfer of personal goods, supplies for castles and nodes, as well as quests.
- Caravans are initiated from and arrive at caravanserai node buildings within כפר (שלב 3) nodes and above.
There are different types of קרוואנים in Ashes of Creation.
The caravan system is another very big part of the node system. They are the main driver of economic activity and there is a bunch of different types of caravan. – Jeffrey Bard
Naval caravans (also referred to as raft caravans) allow the transportation of trading goods.
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
שיעורי אומן allow a player to specialize in one or more of the following skill trees.
Within each of these three artisan classes lies different professions.
- Characters within a single account (דמויות חלופיות) may have different professions.
- There are profession-specific quests.
- Professions will be balanced based on testing.
A character may only master one of the three parent artisan classes.
- It is possible to master up to two professions within this mastered artisan class per character (subject to testing).
- A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered.
- When it comes to balancing a system that's something that we do during testing phases. When it comes to architecting the system itself and identifying the areas in which certain certain professions excel, where they interact with ancillary systems, their interconnectivity across the artisanship system as a whole, the important part there is to identify how that the interconnectivity lives with the other professions in the artisanship system. And what type of reliance you have on particular professions to complete the path of crafting or introduction of new items into the economy. – Steven Sharif
שיעורי אומן and their professions are not affected by a character's religion, or class.
- Race likely won't affect the artisan system. Instead, certain influences may instead be housed in a background selection that isn't intrinsically tied to race.
- One thing we've talked about in the past is replacing the racial abilities with more of a background style, where you get to select your background regardless of race; and so those two aren't tied intrinsically. – Steven Sharif
- התפתחות within artisan classes does not directly relate to a player's progression in their adventuring class, but there are requirements that take into account dangers, locations, toolsets, and surveying options that are level dependent.
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
- Crafting and gathering is a very important component of the economy that players will have direct control over. Whether you wish to build a sprawling plantation around your house, or wish to travel the vast wilderness in search of treasure and resources.
- The crafting systems and artisanship in general is pretty complex. – Steven Sharif
- Arcane Engineering
- Armor smithing
- Jewel cutting
- Weapon smithing
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the עיבוד profession.
- יצירה the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
Player owned businesses
Our business owner system... grants players a meaningful existence in the world and rewards them for their persistence, dedication and survivability. – Steven Sharif
Taverns provide tiered services.
- משימות that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
The longer the tavern is in business and the more patrons served, the faster the tavern will level up.
- Q: What benefits do players receive for taking on the role of a tavern owner?
- A: You will get noticeability with regards to your creations because that will be displayed to the characters that consume those things; but, in addition, you can get certain types of itemization rewards depending on the number of patrons that you serve. You can also reap economic rewards, such as gold from the inn that you are selling your goods at. And then you can unlock access to certain types of recipes and or vendors based on the level of reputation you build up in that particular node. – Steven Sharif
There's no reason why you couldn't license your name to somebody else who also has a freehold and who also has an Inn and work together. – Jeffrey Bard
Mayors are able to set tax rates for their node.
- This includes setting tax rates that apply to tavern games.
Mayors/שלטון הצומת allocate resources, taxes, and quests to help develop node defenses.
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development. This gold cannot be withdrawn by the mayor or any other player.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
Parent (Sovereign) nodes take a cut of all taxes from the housing and any services that occur within their vassal node structure.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
When a node reaches stage 3 (כפר) and a player run government has formed, all player housing will pay taxes.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
טירות של גילדות impose a tax on all revenue for the nodes within its region.
- The monarch sets the tax rate, and can use those proceeds to upgrade defenses, maintain the castle's direct nodes, or provide buffs and benefits to the citizens of that region.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
- Castles have the ability to allocate taxes collected from nodes under them toward certain benefits that go back to the node. Or they can be more selfishly governed that treasury more towards the guild that owns it and that obviously is going to have some political implications, because it could- if you're not using it for the benefit of the people in the region they might rise up and help take you out from that that position of owning that castle. – Steven Sharif
שחיקה של חפצים
It's important for a healthy economy to have item sinks, so that anything that can be crafted can also be destroyed:
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item, rendering it useless for use temporarily.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
- A portion of resources and materials are lost when caravans or nodes are destroyed.
- Corrupted players who die can lose gear.
- Item durability (item decay) does not destroy items, but it acts as a materials sink. Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
The concept there is this is part of the engine that is supply and demand. So the server is constantly generating these materials on tick as they kind of propagate throughout the world and get repopulated, players are going out there and collecting these things. We want to make sure that there is a driving force and factor behind what crafters and gatherers are out there doing: There's constantly going to be a demand for them to supply these things. Whether that death is from PvP or from PvE these are going to be necessities for players to constantly provide. – Steven Sharif
There is item durability (item decay) in Ashes of Creation.
- Item durability loss occurs on death.
- Materials are required in order to restore the performance of decayed items.
- Item decay does not destroy items, but it acts as an materials sink.
- If you allow it to get to certain stages, or to get to a destructed stage then it requires a lot of material components in order to return back to its former glory. – Steven Sharif
- Over enchanting an item comes with the risk of durability loss if a safety margin is exceeded.
- There is durability in the game... It's not going to be a trivial durability. There is a potential to destroy gear (weapons and armor), but there is also an ability to reforge that destroyed gear using a portion of the materials necessary as well as finding an item creator who can reforge it. – Steven Sharif
Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging, dismantling, disenchanting) completed items.
- There's salvaging where you can deconstruct an item to get components only capable of retrieving from salvaging an item that can be used in crafting other types of items. – Steven Sharif
- Specific and necessary crafting materials for higher tier items can only be obtained through the deconstruction of lower-tier items. This is designed to keep lower tier crafted gear relevant through progression and across expansions.
- Specific crafting components yielded by gear deconstruction, and some of these components can be only be obtained from gear of certain enchantment levels and type of equipment. These components are needed for certain recipes for gear and other ancillary crafting professions. But the itemization team is still ironing out some of these flows. – Steven Sharif
The developers intend to limit power creep via item sinks, the lack of gear binding, and the absence of pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience in Ashes of Creation.
Security systems will be in place to combat cheating, exploiting, botting, gold selling/real money transactions (RMT), item duplication and other things that affect the economy starting from אלפא-0.
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for investigation. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- We do have already built into the game on the outset is essentially behavioral metrics. So in the game, as a player does normal things and they acquire normal gold, that's all good and well, but if there starts to be item IDs that appear on the player account that are out of the norm, like either a large amount of gold, or significant legendary items, what it does in the back-end it flags the account for view so that we can take a look at where did this item come from. Is it coming from a known gold seller or a flagged bot, or whatever; and then we investigate. So we're going to be pretty hard on the ability for players to subvert the natural economy systems by RMT or botting. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face harsh penalties from the active GM/community team.
- It's important to note that there is a sanctity that must be protected within the game from RMTing; and let me just go into a little diatribe about this: But in games that I've played where the company or the publisher does not enforce rules, it becomes the standard that you buy gold if you want to be competitive. If you want to compete at the top tier levels in certain games, and everyone's buying gold, you almost either have to buy the gold or you're just not going to be able to compete with those people and that's a really shitty feeling to have. Excuse my French, I apologize. That is sucky; and in order for that not to be the case it is the responsibility of the publisher or the developers both to make sure that we have stringent practices from a CS- from a customer customer service perspective- to enforce our rules and to make sure that players are aware if they partake in this there is a huge risk in doing so. It's not going to be a slap on the hand. It's not going to be a "we told you once, we told you twice, we told you three, four, five six times okay. We're just taking some gold away", that kind of thing. We have got to ensure that it is feared to do those things because you know that ashes has active GMS, it has active customer service, it has an active community team. – Steven Sharif
Game masters (GMs) will be present and active on Ashes of Creation servers.
- On the customer service side, we do plan to have in game GMs. We do plan to service people in the best way possible. And we will grow our service team as much as we need as our player base grows. – Margaret Krohn
- The direction that I'm taking Intrepid as a company in is that a significant portion of the revenue created by the game goes into not only creating additional content and updates for the game but also goes into I think caretaking, as I like to call it; and that caretaking is multiple things: It's having active and present GM's on servers. It's having a an interacting community team that is always present and on-call for participating in forum discussions and streams and updates. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a standard escalation system, where different actions are taken based on the seriousness of each infraction. Actions could range anywhere from being stripped (of the illegitimate items or currency) to being banned for a period of time, or being permanently banned.
- Following a standard approach to an escalation system where certain infractions are immediate and automatic bans and some infractions provide a path forward where action is taken that might ban the account or strip the account or provide some chat bans or the ability to play over a week or so... If you buy gold and depending on the the seriousness of the infraction you could go anywhere from being stripped and to being banned for a period of time to being permanently banned. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face harsh penalties from the GM and community teams.
- When a player takes their play experience to the point of harassing another player, and doing so on a repetitive basis, in order to diminish their play experience, it is a ticketable offense. If you are following around a streamer or you're following around a player and your intent is to keep them from playing the game or to force them to quit, that is a dirty player mindset. It's a bad player mindset. It's a griefer's mindset. It's not something that's desired in the ecosphere in the community of Ashes of Creation. And as a result, it is a serviceable customer service situation. That is where warnings are given and actions can be taken against the account holder of an individual whose sole purpose is to disrupt and affect negatively the gameplay experience of the game. – Steven Sharif
- Players that work outside of the game design to grief or harass other players are actionable by customer services.
- I believe that so far in development we have demonstrated the level of customer service and community engagement that will be on display after our live launch. You are right however in saying that many of these problems that can arise on the fringe of certain systems will require an active GM support team available to address problems that the user base encounters
- The volunteer moderator program will continue (post-launch).
Token-based two-factor authentication (2FA) may be in place for אלפא-1.
The מנהל העולם is an algorithm in Ashes of Creation that controls dynamic world elements. It acts as both a throttle and an incentive system for various activities to ensure certain parameters are within acceptable thresholds.
- A world manager is a technical term to define a server process that lives alongside the game server; and when the game server needs to do things- communicating with other game servers within that grid- it tells that manager and that manager sends it down to the appropriate server. – Steven Sharif
- Prices of hunting certificates.
- A heatmap of experience being gained to apply to node advancement.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
- Due to the way the progression algorithm calculates territorial (אזור השפעה) expansion during node advancement, there is a small possibility that two nodes of the same stage end up being close to each other.
- Transit of resources and goods between regions to drive quest rewards for nodes.
- For example if you know iron is being used as a raw resource for a specific crafting path that might drive up the price of mithril or silver; and that will incentivize the market to course correct a little bit. The idea is to provide soft incentives that help to alleviate the demand and also to prop up the supply that might not be present from the economic systems. – Steven Sharif
Loot tables (drop tables) of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items). Monsters drop hunting certificates, חפצים and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region. These are intended as an alternative mechanic to acquire gold.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter דמויות ללא שחקן within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates may also be used to pay housing taxes and citizen dues.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- Hunting certificates are not intended as crafting materials.
Players drop hunting certificates and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
Population based scaling
The prices that דמויות ללא שחקן sell items for will scale based on the economic activity on a server. Prices will rise to combat inflation and fall as a population diminishes.
The node system allows the developers to scale the experience needed to level a node and the attrition that affects a node based on activity.
Things that NPCs buy and sell kind of scale based on the economic activity that exists on that server... As inflation rises, prices rise and everything kind of ends up being equal, even though there might be a couple of extra zeros. So that can go up and it can also go down so as a population leaves, things become less expensive and players don't have to do as much to earn that. On the other side of things we look at the node system and the node system is set up in this really flexible way that allows us to scale the experience needed to level a node and the attrition that delevels a node to scale based on activity too. So you know it's just a matter of adjusting a couple of constants and that goes up and down and the server can watch it and change those on the fly as it needs to. – Jeffrey Bard
שלטון הצומת can enter into trade agreements with other nodes. Each node entering into the agreement can designate caravans with materials to be sent to the other; improving the economy of both nodes. This gives experience to all involved, contributes to the node’s growth and helps to construct buildings.
Mercenary guilds will be a viable way forward for different organizations. I think there will be a lot of business to be had with that; and one of the systems in our trade agreements is creating an escrow for those particular type of arrangements that we're looking into. – Steven Sharif
Trade routes in Ashes of Creation refer to.
- Roads for the transit goods via the caravan system.
- You might have a mountain pass and during winter that mountain pass is always closed and so the trade routes on land change with caravans and that's something that can not only exist on a cyclical level but also dynamically based on player activity.
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors or node citizens.
- Agreements are established to trade commodities that are unique to particular nodes or node types via NPC-driven caravans.
- From a diplomatic standpoint the ability for the mayor or citizens to set up NPC routed trade routes between nodes as a trade agreement or as a diplomatic process. – Steven Sharif
As nodes develop, player governments may open a החלפת סחורות (also called Stock markets and Sharemarkets) where players can buy and sell shares in צמתים, גילדות and ארגונים חברתיים.
- The value of stocks is influenced by world events and the performance of nodes, ארגונים חברתיים or guilds.
- Hard metrics, such as quest lines, nearby resources, citizen progression, and purchases of local real estate, will determine the value of purchasable shares.
- There is no regulatory commission to restrict the purchase and sale of stocks.
Players buy the deeds for housing from the node itself. Players can also buy and sell properties from other players.
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- The more apartments that have been purchased in a node, the higher the price scales.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
- There is no cap on the price of player-originated housing sales.
- דיור לשחקנים that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
- דיור חופשי may not be sold to other players. This is subject to change based on testing.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-30 (8:02).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Unreal Engine Interview, 2017-05-23.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (31:02).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (10:47).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (10:32).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 שידור חי, 2018-01-18 (46:56).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-30 (6:54).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (43:55).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2
- ↑ 13.0 13.1
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (16:36).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4
- ↑ 19.00 19.01 19.02 19.03 19.04 19.05 19.06 19.07 19.08 19.09 19.10 19.11 שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:34:06).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 21.4 21.5
- ↑ 22.00 22.01 22.02 22.03 22.04 22.05 22.06 22.07 22.08 22.09 22.10 22.11 שידור חי, 2019-05-30 (1:26:16).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (55:05).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 25.5 שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:03:52).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 26.4 26.5 26.6 26.7 שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:04:59).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (35:16).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 29.3 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 30.4 שידור חי, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Ashes of Creation Instagram, 2020-08-19.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (1:00:57).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (1:06:09).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Confectioner’s Delight.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:04:49).
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:15:03).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 שידור חי, 2017-10-31 (28:58).
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 The mighty beard!
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (53:08).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (16:37).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-10-31 (30:34).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (50:57).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-05-31 (5:25).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-01-29 (1:11:29).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2023-02-24 (1:12:24).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 52.2 שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (32:22).
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 54.3 שידור חי, 2021-01-29 (1:14:53).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2018-09-06 (3:53).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2018-07-09 (50:16).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (13:06).
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (52:57).
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 59.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (16:05).
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 פודקאסט, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (19:00).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (41:45).
- ↑ 64.0 64.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-12-06 (20:30).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 66.2 שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (AM) (23:18).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (41:32).
- ↑ 68.0 68.1
- ↑ 69.0 69.1 שידור חי, 2021-06-25 (22:34).
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 70.2 שידור חי, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 71.3 וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- ↑ 75.0 75.1 שידור חי, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 81.2 81.3 שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 שידור חי, 2022-07-29 (3:21).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- ↑ 86.0 86.1 86.2 שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (19:43).
- ↑ 87.0 87.1 87.2 87.3 87.4 87.5 וִידֵאוֹ, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- ↑ 89.0 89.1 89.2 89.3 שידור חי, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- ↑ 93.0 93.1
- ↑ 94.0 94.1 שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (32:07).
- ↑ פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (44:29).
- ↑ 96.0 96.1 96.2 96.3 שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (1:13:00).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:09:46).
- ↑ 99.0 99.1 99.2 99.3 שידור חי, 2023-02-24 (1:18:05).
- ↑ 100.0 100.1 שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (2:05:21).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-10-28 (1:32:38).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:31:11).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- ↑ 107.0 107.1 107.2 107.3 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- ↑ 109.0 109.1 109.2 109.3 109.4 109.5 109.6 109.7 שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2019-06-28 (51:37).
- ↑ 114.0 114.1 114.2 114.3 114.4 114.5 פודקאסט, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- ↑ 115.0 115.1 115.2 שידור חי, 2022-12-02 (1:22:30).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (50:00).
- ↑ 117.0 117.1 שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:03:38).
- ↑ 121.0 121.1 שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:10:16).
- ↑ 122.0 122.1
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- ↑ 124.0 124.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (57:02).
- ↑ 126.0 126.1 Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- ↑ 127.0 127.1 127.2 127.3 שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-30 (16:17).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (55:01).
- ↑ 137.0 137.1 137.2 שידור חי, 2021-05-28 (1:53:04).
- ↑ 138.0 138.1 138.2 138.3 138.4 רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- ↑ 139.0 139.1 139.2 139.3 139.4 Podcast, 2017-05-13 (25:55).
- ↑ 140.0 140.1
- ↑ 141.0 141.1 141.2 141.3 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- ↑ 142.0 142.1 פודקאסט, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (2:05:07).
- ↑ 144.0 144.1 פודקאסט, 2021-09-29 (32:35).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (51:11).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (15:04).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (20:41).
- ↑ 148.0 148.1
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-07-30 (1:16:05).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:53:52).
- ↑ 151.0 151.1 151.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:12:37).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (38:35).
- ↑ Massively OP, 2017-06-1
- ↑ 154.0 154.1 154.2 154.3 שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (20:40).
- ↑ 155.0 155.1 155.2 155.3 שידור חי, 2022-08-26 (1:32:45).
- ↑ 156.0 156.1 156.2 שידור חי, 2022-10-28 (29:32).
- ↑ 157.0 157.1 157.2 157.3 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-10-28 (13:53).
- ↑ Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-21 (40:44).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:10:55).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-10-14 (57:22).
- ↑ 165.0 165.1 165.2 165.3 165.4 165.5 165.6 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- ↑ 169.0 169.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- ↑ February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ 171.0 171.1 171.2 171.3 171.4 171.5 171.6 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ 172.0 172.1 172.2 שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- ↑ 183.0 183.1 183.2 שידור חי, 2021-10-29 (1:06:31).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- ↑ 186.0 186.1 186.2 שידור חי, 2018-06-04 (39:15).
- ↑ City hall.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (AM) (18:59).
- ↑ 189.0 189.1 189.2 189.3 פודקאסט, 2021-09-29 (8:38).
- ↑ 190.0 190.1 וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-05-27 (17:15).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- ↑ Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- ↑ 193.0 193.1 שידור חי, 2017-05-17 (11:27).
- ↑ 194.0 194.1
- ↑ 195.0 195.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (5:51).
- ↑ MMOGames interview, January 2017
- ↑ 197.0 197.1 Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- ↑ 198.0 198.1 שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- ↑ 200.0 200.1 200.2 200.3 שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- ↑ 201.0 201.1 שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- ↑ 203.0 203.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- ↑ 206.0 206.1 206.2 206.3 שידור חי, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).