At the Village Stage, the camp becomes a small frontier town. There are some permanent structures in place at this level, as well as the beginning of local Government. The Development Area feels permanent and lived in. You'll find buildings developed with more advanced materials, features such as stone and mortar, fences, and other common structures. The Village Stage will also unlock a Special Building that grants unique utility to its Node Type - Military, Economic, Divine or Scientific; we’ll share further details on those buildings in future entries in this series that cover each specific Node Type. – Margaret Krohn
פעילות של שחקנים אזרחים ושחקנים לא אזרחים (משימות, איסוף, פשיטות וכו.) בתוך אזור השפעה של צמתים נוספת לפיתוח אותו הצומת (התפתחות) . לצמתים יש שבעה שלבים של התפתחות, עם סף של ניסיון (xp) לכל שלב. כאשר צומת צובר מספיק ניסיון בשביל השלב הנוכחי, הוא מתקדם לשלב הבא.
|שלב הצומת.||שם נרדף.||מסגרת זמן להתפתחות.||דיור לשחקנים.|
|3.||כפר||-||כמה ימים||בתים קטנים|
|4.||עיירה||-||הרבה ימים||בתים בינוניים|
|5.||עיר||-||כמה שבועות||בטים גדולים|
איזור ההתפתחות של הצומת הוא היכן שציביליזציה תופיע כאשר צומת מתפתח. ככל שהצומת עולה שלבים, בניינים שונים, דמויות ללא שחקן (NPCs), ושירותים יהפכו לזמינים באיזור ההתפתחות. ככל שרמת הצומת גבוהה יותר, כך איזור ההתפתחות יהיה מורכב ומאוכלס יותר. אזור ההתפתחות ישתנה גם בהתאם לסוג הצומת - כלכלי, צבאי, מדעי, או שמימי; נרחיב יותר על כל אחד מהסוגים בפוסטים עתידיים בסדרה הזו.  – Margaret Krohn
- ככל שצומת מתקדם כך אזור השפעה שלו גדל.
- צמתים פחות מתקדמים (מכונים צמתים צמיתים) שנמצאים בתוך איזור השפעה של צומת מתקדם יותר יכולים עדיין לצבור XP, אבל חייבים להשאר בשלב התפתחות נמוך יותר מהצומת הדומיננטי.
- Due to the way the progression algorithm calculates territorial (אזור השפעה) expansion during node advancement, there is a small possibility that two nodes of the same stage end up being close to each other.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in אלפא-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- This cooldown period allows players to establish citizenship at the village; which may require them to relinquish previous citizenship at another node.
- Following the initial cooldown, there will be a one week election process, then from that point on, elections will follow a monthly cadence.
- מצור על צומת may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to Village (stage 3). This does not apply to nodes at higher stages.
The village stage is a unique stage because that's when the government system comes online and all other stages past village there will have already been a cadence for the election system and it will follow that cadence, but after the initial village stage is completed there will be a one week period where players have an opportunity to establish citizenship at the village that also provides for the cooldown time that is- that would be present on players leaving another node to kind of participate in in this particular node leveling up. But that after that one week period then there will be a one-week election process and then from that point moving forward will be the one month cadence that the node experiences elections on. – Steven Sharif
- Only citizens of a node may participate in its elections.
- Only node citizens may be elected mayor.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Divine node governments are chosen from citizens via service oriented quests that prove faith and dedication to the node.
- Economic node governments are able to be bought and sold by citizens with the most money.
- Mayors of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- An idea currently under consideration is to have players build out a champion that they can then fight in the arena, rather then using their regular characters. These champions can be equipped with gear and skills via quests, along with materials and gold to make the champion stronger.
- The reason for the champion idea is because the game isn't balanced for 1v1 PvP. Utilizing champions makes arena combat more of a level playing ground.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- Scientific node governments are elected democratically.
|דירות||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
|דיור חופשי||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Each different type of housing offers different benefits.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- יצירה benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- השגים and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- May provide proximity based bonuses.
- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
מצור על צומת
מצור על צומת enable players to destroy nodes. This paves the way for new development and access to the locked content in surrounding nodes. Due to this dynamic, political strife and intrigue play an important role in the structure of the world.
Monster coin events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for צמתים up to the Village stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Village and מטרופולין stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (1:07:50).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (50:56).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:01:34).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (6:03).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (1:01:59).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- שידור חי, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2019-07-16 (0:00s).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2016-12-04 (0:02).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (36:25).