פעילות של שחקנים אזרחים ושחקנים לא אזרחים (משימות, איסוף, פשיטות וכו.) בתוך אזור השפעה של צמתים נוספת לפיתוח אותו הצומת (התפתחות) . לצמתים יש שבעה שלבים של התפתחות, עם סף של ניסיון (xp) לכל שלב. כאשר צומת צובר מספיק ניסיון בשביל השלב הנוכחי, הוא מתקדם לשלב הבא.
|שלב הצומת.||שם נרדף.||מסגרת זמן להתפתחות.||דיור לשחקנים.|
|3.||כפר||-||כמה ימים||בתים קטנים|
|4.||עיירה||-||הרבה ימים||בתים בינוניים|
|5.||עיר||-||כמה שבועות||בטים גדולים|
איזור ההתפתחות של הצומת הוא היכן שציביליזציה תופיע כאשר צומת מתפתח. ככל שהצומת עולה שלבים, בניינים שונים, דמויות ללא שחקן (NPCs), ושירותים יהפכו לזמינים באיזור ההתפתחות. ככל שרמת הצומת גבוהה יותר, כך איזור ההתפתחות יהיה מורכב ומאוכלס יותר. אזור ההתפתחות ישתנה גם בהתאם לסוג הצומת - כלכלי, צבאי, מדעי, או שמימי; נרחיב יותר על כל אחד מהסוגים בפוסטים עתידיים בסדרה הזו.  – Margaret Krohn
- ככל שצומת מתקדם כך אזור השפעה שלו גדל.
- צמתים פחות מתקדמים (מכונים צמתים צמיתים) שנמצאים בתוך איזור השפעה של צומת מתקדם יותר יכולים עדיין לצבור XP, אבל חייבים להשאר בשלב התפתחות נמוך יותר מהצומת הדומיננטי.
- Due to the way the progression algorithm calculates territorial (אזור השפעה) expansion during node advancement, there is a small possibility that two nodes of the same stage end up being close to each other.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in אלפא-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
Zones and progression
מבוכים, פשיטות, בוסים עולמיים, Mobs, משימות, אירועים, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's אזור השפעה will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
The World manager is an algorithm in Ashes of Creation that controls dynamic world elements. It acts as both a throttle and an incentive system for various activities to ensure certain parameters are within acceptable thresholds.
- Prices of hunting certificates.
- A heatmap of experience being gained to apply to node advancement.
- Transit of resources and goods between regions to drive quest rewards for nodes.
For example if you know iron is being used as a raw resource for a specific crafting path that might drive up the price of mithril or silver; and that will incentivize the market to course correct a little bit. The idea is to provide soft incentives that help to alleviate the demand and also to prop up the supply that might not be present from the economic systems. – Steven Sharif
- בפתיחת המשחק יהיו 103 מקומות לצמתים רגילים בתוספת 15 צמתי טירה (חמש טירות כפול 3 צמתים בכל טירה) כך שיהיו בסך הכל 118 צמתים.
צמתים הם הליבה של העולם, הם יוצרים את השפל והזרם של החיים. בבסיסם, צמתים הם נקודות מוגדרות מראש בעולם, עטופות באיזורי השפעה ומוקפות באיזורים גאוגרפיים שמשתנים לאורך זמן על סמך השתתפות השחקנים. מפת העולם מחולקת לאזורים, כאשר כל אזור מכיל צמתים מרובים. ככל שהצומת מתפתח, הוא משפיע על סוגי התוכן שבתוכו ובאזורים הסמוכים. שחקנים לא יוצרים צמתים, אך אם הם מהווים חלק מהשלטון של צומת ספציפית, יש להם את היכולת להשפיע על דיפלומטיה, ולשנות את הסוג/הבנייה של הבניינים והשירותים הקיימים בצומת. במהלך ההשקה יהיו 103 מיקומי צמתים, לכל אחד ההשפעה שלו על הסיפור וההתפתחות של העולם.
- This is a preliminary design and may change based on testing. This may be changed to an atrophy points system, where accumulated points will progressively disable services within a node. The node may be destroyed (instead of deleveling) if a significant points threshold is reached.
There are intrinsic problems with reducing a nodes level as opposed to removing the node and it may be possible I'm just gonna say now that we don't actually atrophy nodes to delevel but rather accrue atrophy points that must be replenished over time; and if not it begins to disable services and further compound the atrophy problem; at which point when it reaches a certain atrophy point then the node would just disappear. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes accumulate an experience deficit each day based on the node's level. The deficit is subtracted from any experience earned that day. If any deficit remains, then this is subtracted from the node’s experience pool.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
- Certain flags will appear to notify node citizens if their node has dropped below the required experience for its current stage. After a short period, if the atrophy is not addressed, the Node will then delevel.
- A node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time.
- When a Node delevels it enters a safe period, during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0.
- It may be possible through node atrophy for two nodes of the same stage to be adjacent to each other.
If a Node delevels, it returns to the previous Stage, but keeps the racial style it had before deleveling. A Node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time. For example, a Level 2 Node would become a Level 1, or a Level 1 Node would become a Level 0. If deleveling would cause a Node to lose its Vassals, it does so. When a Node delevels it enters a “safe period,” during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0. Once the safe period expires, the Node can once again begin losing experience based on its deficit. – Margaret Krohn
- The ability to retry a failed quest depends on Node progression.
- משימות involving citizens from multiple nodes are unlocked based on the alliances and other relationships between the nodes and their progression.
There will be many different quests that actually have stages of the storyline; and these stages can actually be failed. You can actually fail a storyline; which sucks when you think about it, but at the same time that risk makes your investment that much more important. – Steven Sharif
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
|דירות||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
|דיור חופשי||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
פארק הנצחות is an area within Town, City or מטרופולין nodes that has available spots for trophies. These trophies show the character names of players who are the first to complete world bosses and dungeon bosses that were spawned as the result of the development of that particular node.
- Server announcements and achievements are designed to encourage groups to experience new content.
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
שגיאת ציטוט: תג
<ref>בלתי־תקין; השם "https://web.archive.org/web/20170404005015/https://www.ashesofcreation.com/a-reactive-world-nodes/" הוגדר מספר פעמים עם תוכן שונה
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:10:55).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Node series part I
- Ashes of Creation - Screenshots.
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-24 (3:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:36:25).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:50:20).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:03:38).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (57:02).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-05-25 (1:07).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- שידור חי, 2018-05-04 (32:46).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:35:58).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017