בעולם של וורה יש תרבויות עשירות ומגוונות. חלק גדול מההיסטוריה החשובה של העולם נשלטה על ידי הגזעים הגדולים. בני אדם מהחוף והשפלה, אורקים בגבעות ובביצות, אלפים ביער ובארצות הנהר, וגמדי ההרים הנערצים. הגזעים הגדולים שמרו על דומיננטיות לאורך אינספור מלחמות והתכתשויות בין הגזעים הנחותים של וורה. עשורים שלמים עשויים לחלוף בין כל התלקחות אלימה שכזו. יש הרבה גזעים זוטרים בוורה. חלק מהגזעים הזוטרים קיימים בכפרים או שבטים מאולתרים. כמה מהכפרים הגדולים מבין הגזעים הזוטרים מורכבים בעיקר מהענקים, כתות פחות מכובדות של בני אדם, גנומים וזוטונים. הזוטונים אינם זוטונים במובן מסורתי אלא בעצם חצאי-דם של גזעים שונים. – Steven Sharif
שיטוט במקומות האפלים ביותר של העולם יחשוף את מרבצם של יצורי תועבה מרושעים. הכנסיות הגדולות של הציביליזציה שולחות לעיתים גיבורים ממדינות שונות כדי לחסל את האיומים הללו לבני התמותה. קיימות כיום ארבעה ממלכות גדולות בוורה. זה בערך 25 שנים לפני הנפילה: אמפריית הAelan, ממלכת הPyrian, החסות של הKaivek, והאומה של הDünzenkell. לא תמיד היו רק ארבעה ממלכות. בעבר הרחוק הגזעים היו מחולקים להרבה ארצות וערים. – Steven Sharif
ב7000 השנים של ההסטוריה המתועדת, מלחמות פרצו שוב ושוב. חלק על שטח, אחרות על משאבים, ורבות בגלל אמונות שונות. בתי מלוכה עלו ונפלו לאורך השנים, חלקם ממזמן נטולי אצילות. קיימות הרבה ערי מדינות בוורה. לכמה מהן שלטון עצמי של דמוקרטיה ורפובליקה, אחרות הן מדינות צמיתות הנתונות לפקודות השליטים שלהן. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Aela
- 2 Dünzenkell
- 3 Kaivek
- 4 Pyrian
- 5 Tulnar
- 6 Racial appearance
- 7 Racial mounts
- 8 כלי-נשק ושריון גזעיים
- 9 Racial benefits
- 10 Racial influence on nodes
- 11 Starting areas
- 12 Racial quests
- 13 Story of creation
- 14 Community guides
- 15 See also
- 16 הפניות
The Aelan empire is the most recent successor of the once great house of Lyneth. For over one thousand years the house of Lyneth ruled over the Aela. A golden age endured for most of their reign. It was only during the dawn of [the last century before the fall], during the Great War of the Undying that the house fell. With no suitable heir to the Lyneth throne the country fell into chaos. What arose is the fragile republic we see today. Overseen by the Emperor elected through the Council of Five: The five who govern the greatest cities on the Empire. The Aelan empire is by far the largest nation in all of Verra, with over eight million souls among its inhabitants. Aelans also represent the single largest population on Verra. Their borders touch upon every other nation; and with their interests of expansion on the seas of Verra, they are able to deploy their widely feared armies to any shore. The Empire uses this fear to bully many city states, bending them to their will. Those who deny the will of the Empire often find themselves at the end of a sword. – Steven Sharif
Build. Order. Civilization. These are the foundational principles of the Kaelar. Their empire in the old world spanned the largest of all, and they plan to do the same in this world. Extremely loyal to their roots, the Kaelar will rise to the challenge.
Trade. Law. Hardship. The Vaelune were forged in the heat of the desert, and through the ages became a blade that bends, but does not break. Through the development of a complex web of relationships and savvy negotiation, the Vaelune grew into one of the wealthiest empires in Sanctus, despite having few natural resources to exploit themselves. Their environment has taught them what it means to kill or be killed, whether through the beasts of the desert or the snakes in the market square.
Deep in the mountains of Verra legend tells of a forge created by the gods, from whence all Dwarves are originated. Fabled to be the first created of the major races, the Dwarves are said to have arrived on the continents with ships made of stone and steel. Dwarven smiths and craftsmen are found far and wide across Verra. The center of the Dwarven race is the nation of Dünzenkell, found deep in the northern mountains. Dwarven society tends to be heavily matriarchal and their clans existing under the oftentimes eldest matriarch. Dwarves are closely connected to one-another by alliances forged between family guilds. The Dwarven child is marked at a young age with his or her guild sigil. Some dwarves banished from Dünzenkell or having chose to walk a path alone will often have their sigls burned from their skin. – Steven Sharif
The Dünzenkell nation, deep within the mountains of Verra exists the oldest nation in the world. The Dünzenkell have been known as many names over the ages, but only one name has graced the highest mountain, within which their capital has stood since the beginning of recorded history: Dün. The Dwarves of the Dünzenkell rule through a council of guilds. A royal family is chosen once every 200 years by this council to rule. Currently the right to rule falls on the shoulders of King Grimlay. It has been nearly 400 years since a king has lead the Dünzenkell. Traditionally this role falls to the matriarchs of the family. Expeditions are often sent into the Underrealm from Dün; and there many believe lies the source of secrets among the Dwarves and their success with mastering artisanship. Untold magic lies deep within Verra. It's source not known to many. Dünzenkell has long benefited from this source though. It has fueled the expansion of the Dwarven kingdoms throughout the northern mountains. – Steven Sharif
Stoic. Tradition. Forge. Most of the peoples from the old world would see a mountain and think nothing of it. The Dünir saw a defensible home where riches abound. The Dünir take immense pride in what they craft and what they build: fortifications that seem impregnable, warhammers that never break, or beautiful gems for their royalty are all in their repertoire. Don't be deceived by their stout stature. They're pound for pound the strongest warriors the world has ever known.
Family. Freedom. Courage. Where the Dünir saw mountains as home, the Niküa saw it as a prison. How could they complete the great hunt inside a cave? The craft of their brothers doesn't elude them though; they too are highly skilled artisans. Instead of jewelry for nobles, the Niküa see crafting as a right of passage and advancement of the family. Will you progress your people from the mountains of your ancestors?
The Kaivek have always adhered to a strict code of tribal loyalty... Roughly thirteen centuries [before the fall], a leader named Ran'Kal united the clans into a nation called the Kaivek Protectorate. Kal taught that all Orcs answer to the protection of the divine order. This teaching expressed the belief that it was the will of the gods that all Orc kind should have superiority over the nations of Verra. For it was only through the unity of the clans that the people of Verra would be lead to enlightenment. It was the teachings of Kal that lead the Kaivek to pursue campaigns of conquest across the lands of Verra. Where the Orcs were once nomadic and divided before Kal, through his leadership they became a powerful nation united in conquest. Trophies of each city conquered is found in the capital city of Ren. [Just before the fall] the Kaivek Protectorate have adopted a policy of peaceful coexistence with their neighbors. Having endured centuries of conflict, leaders rose among them echoing the teachings of peace. These recent reformations have once again begun to lead to a fracturing of the Protectorate. Some unrest among the clans have called for a culling of those who are unworthy of the protection from the divine order. – Steven Sharif
Honor. Power. Tranquility. Through staying centered their power only grows. The Ren'Kai believe in ultimate focus and controlling their immense power. When a Ren'Kai becomes enraged though, there aren't many men or beasts who can live and tell the tale.
Celestial. Purpose. Fate. When one stargazes they find beauty lies beyond our world, when The Vek stargaze they find fate lies beyond our time. Star maps, numerology and prophecy are integral parts of each Vek's life. Great leaders read the heavens for how wars will go, which empires will rise and fall, and the Vek often ask themselves "are we too late?"
For over 4,000 years the Pyrian royal family of Eradal has endured. The kingdom has seen its share of wars. The kingdom's borders encompass the great forest of Eranthia. The capital of Amera is among the oldest and most beautiful cities in the world. Its royal families can trace their lines back to the days of the Dark Fires. The Pyrian universities of magic and martial studies are unparalleled in the lands of Verra. Many of the citizens of the Kingdom venture out into the lands of Verra wishing to spread their knowledge of art and science to their fellow Verrans. These ventures are often subsidized by the royal households of Pyria for hopes it will foster a better relationship with their Human neighbors. Once a close ally of Aela and the house of Lyneth, the Pyrian Kingdom and Aelean Empire ended one of the bloodiest wars in Verran history. Eighty years have passed since the last bloodshed; and although tensions have subsided among the citizens of the two nations, there remains a heightened level of distrust among the Empire's new rulers and the royal family of Pyria. – Steven Sharif
The Elven race is generally a secretive one and exists within the Pyrian kingdom. Primarily a patriarchal society, Elves tend to keep within the natural borders of their forests. It has only been over the past millennia that the Riverlands have begun to see colonies of Elves exist. Elven scholars, dignitaries and pioneers can often be found in many of the human cities: Though their presence is rarely seen in sites other than archaeological, academic or diplomatic. Rumors do abound throughout the darker circles of Verra that there lies a particular lineage of Elves that exist within the Underrealm of Verra. – Steven Sharif
Imperial. Pride. Culture. Though not as numerous as the Kaelar, the Empyreans are a force to be reckoned with. Elite military forces and a highly structured government. The people of the Empyrea surely have a plan to carve their place in the world.
Nature. Balance. Fury. All things come to balance in time, and nature always has her way. Don't let their love for nature fool you though, the Py'Rai rarely take prisoners. Whether by bow or spear, the Py'Rai's legacy will take root.
- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on ורה after the apocalypse.
- This was previously stated to be three different races.
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the העולם התחתון (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
Dünir dwarven appearance
- Tulnar race does not have sub-types, instead, players will be able to customize the appearance of Tulnar characters.
- Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the יוצר הדמות.
- Tulnar do not equal furries.
- There are bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character.
Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will character creator allow us to make Tulnar that might look somewhat like Kobolds from Pathfinder or DnD?
- A: I wouldn't say exactly, but there's definitely elements of Kobolds that you could incorporate in a character creator with the Tulnar, yes. – Steven Sharif
- Aelean architecture has a French medieval influence.
- Dünir have a Nordic cultural influence.
- Empyreans have a Greco-Roman imperialistic feeling.
- The Kaelar have a European racial influence.
- The Niküa have a Polynesian influence.
- The Py'Rai have a Navajo Native American influence. Py'Rai architecture has a woodland inspiration.
- Pyrian architecture has a Greco-Roman influence.
- The Vaelune have a Middle Eastern racial influence.
- The Vek have a Mesoamerican racial influence.
You will see in the different races that are available from a player character standpoint a lot of different influences that reflect many cultures in the world: Not just European, not just Africa, not Mesoamerican. These cultures are going to be present in many of the races. – Steven Sharif
כלי-נשק ושריון גזעיים
The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
- Races are not gender or class locked.
- Some classes may work better with certain races but nothing is enforced.
You'll have racial augments that are capable of being applied to active skills and those augments are going to be a reflection of the flavor of that specific race. In addition, races will have differing degrees of stats and our game in our class system relies on certain stats to achieve different metrics in the game when it comes to damage, defense, and landing rates and all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- The race "seeds" a player's base stats.
- The primary archetype grows the base stats.
- The secondary archetype (class) does not contribute to stat growth.
- This is a revision of the earlier statement.
Different races have different stat compositions. Those stats can be important, but we also don't want them to dictate any kind of meta for what classes are best used with different races. – Steven Sharif
- These apply to abilities on a character's primary archetype.
- They affect how the ability works and can also apply cosmetic effects.
In keeping with our theme of Consequence, and unlike other games, race won’t just be a matter of look, with relatively inconsequential abilities tacked on. Instead they integrate deeply into our class system, augmenting and changing the basic chassis provided by our eight core archetypes. Our goal here is to create a system where an elven fighter feels different, but serves the same role as a dwarven fighter.
Racial influence on nodes
- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world.
- Each race has its own starting area.
- Starting areas include expeditionary NPC settlements that serve as initial quest origination points. מיתולוגיה-wise, these settlements represent scouts that were sent ahead of the main expedition back to ורה.
A problem that a lot of MMOs have is that those starting areas become just kind of vacant of players and it's so sad because the greatest aspect of an MMO is that community that you get to experience, so one of the great things about the node system is that it really works from new player acquisition standpoint, where these nodes tend to develop larger near the starting location areas around the world; and it brings these players back to those locations if they're citizens and want services within those cities. So, as new players enter the world they're going to actually be surrounded most likely by more population because people are coming back to those larger nodes. – Steven Sharif
Tulnar starting area
- איזורי עניין exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
Alpha-0 starting area
There might even be different directories of the quest that exist for specific races, and even though you're sharing a quest to kill a boss, if you're human and I'm an elf, I will have a different arc potentially that leads in a different direction than you, even though we took the same quest; and this can relate to who the primary cultural contributor is to a node unlocking different arcs for cultures that share the primary culture of a node - not that locks out content but it gives a flavor in a different direction so that not everything is so cookie cutter. – Steven Sharif
Race matters because narratives have paths that also are influenced based on the primary contributing culture to the node... If you're a Niküa and you have you're in a Niküa node that's predominantly Niküa, you're going to have certain services and/or abilities as a member of the Niküa race that other races may not have access to... They may have alternative quest lines, but they won't have specific ones. Now those specific Niküa quests will then relate to the meta-narrative that's present in the world and they'll start to direct some of that meta-narrative; and that'll be beneficial for your kind because it will unlock certain content for your race that other races haven't unlocked yet. So there is an incentive there to see progression along that line now in order to curb the progress of a dominant race. – Steven Sharif
Story of creation
The story of creation tells us of a race of beings known as The Ancients. Created in the likeness of what was once The Ten. The Ten imbued all of their qualities into one race to have stewardship over all of creation. The power of the Ancients grew and a rift divided the Ten in how to accommodate their new creation. Three of the Ten separated from the others and began to teach the Ancients the Secrets of the Essence. When the Seven learned of this, a great celestial battle ensued. Eons passed and you watched as the fight continued within the celestial kingdom. Some say it was the fight that created the stars and heaven we see today. With every blow between the Ten a star was born. When the battle was complete, the others and the Ancients were banished by the Seven into the Void. The Seven found the error of their ways and decided to split their qualities into four races instead of one; and this is how the Humans, Elves, Orcs and Dwarves came to be. You watch as the Seven created Verra and placed each of the races within their respective locations. As the story came to an end, a dark figure at a distance grew closer to you. Until all you could see was the darkness. And you wake up in a sweat after a nightmare. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Ashes of Creation race breakdown.
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:00:54).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:01:57).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:02:35).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:05:24).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (1:03:08).
- שידור חי, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Regalia of the Plated Heart.
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (1:07:50).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:00:28).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:01:29).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (2:02:32).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-03-23 (0:12).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (50:56).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Trawler's Guise.
- שידור חי, 2020-02-28 (52:40).
- The mighty beard!
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:02:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Races.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- שידור חי, 2017-12-15 (1:05:00).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (54:53).
- שידור חי, 2018-05-04 (34:30).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:06:56).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:00:10).
- שידור חי, 2017-12-15 (1:05:50).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Sentinel's Hide.
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (15:42).
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- שידור חי, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (20:17).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- שידור חי, 2017-06-30 (15:10).
- שידור חי, 2017-08-23 (31:29).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2019-04-15 (20:15).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (AM) (3:12).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2019-04-22 (58:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (3:47:17).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (1:03:21).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (31:35).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (15:58).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (1:04:27).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2020-09-30 (2:44).
- שידור חי, 2020-09-30 (47:47).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (35:58).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (43:30).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-08 (43:28).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (1:4:56).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (AM) (25:52).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-18 (37:25).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:28:31).
- שידור חי, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- שידור חי, 2017-09-03 (33:28).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:13:23).
- שידור חי, 2018-11-03 (0:00:39).