Each Node can form into towns, but are limited by their neighbors. The Nodes have different levels of advancement. There can only be so many of each level. Think of this as advanced settlements needing more elbow room. Nodes encompass more land as they grow and will require more effort to be sustained. This system is a main driver for change in the world because it creates scarcity. As Nodes advance in stages of growth they will lock out neighboring Nodes from progressing, and will absorb their zones of influence.
The main thing that differentiates us from other MMOs is that we have a living, breathing, reactive world... Our world is separated into zones, which are then separated into what we call nodes. Nodes are sort of invisible zones of influence that listen to everything that a player does; so as players gain experience from killing things, gain experience from doing quests, gain experience through crafting things, the node is also gaining that experience. Once a node gains enough experience it levels up and then starts to attract NPCs to it . – Jeffrey Bard
פעילות של שחקנים אזרחים ושחקנים לא אזרחים (משימות, איסוף, פשיטות וכו.) בתוך אזור השפעה של צמתים נוספת לפיתוח אותו הצומת (התפתחות) . לצמתים יש שבעה שלבים של התפתחות, עם סף של ניסיון (xp) לכל שלב. כאשר צומת צובר מספיק ניסיון בשביל השלב הנוכחי, הוא מתקדם לשלב הבא.
|שלב הצומת.||שם נרדף.||מסגרת זמן להתפתחות.||דיור לשחקנים.|
|3.||כפר||-||כמה ימים||בתים קטנים|
|4.||עיירה||-||הרבה ימים||בתים בינוניים|
|5.||עיר||-||כמה שבועות||בטים גדולים|
איזור ההתפתחות של הצומת הוא היכן שציביליזציה תופיע כאשר צומת מתפתח. ככל שהצומת עולה שלבים, בניינים שונים, דמויות ללא שחקן (NPCs), ושירותים יהפכו לזמינים באיזור ההתפתחות. ככל שרמת הצומת גבוהה יותר, כך איזור ההתפתחות יהיה מורכב ומאוכלס יותר. אזור ההתפתחות ישתנה גם בהתאם לסוג הצומת - כלכלי, צבאי, מדעי, או שמימי; נרחיב יותר על כל אחד מהסוגים בפוסטים עתידיים בסדרה הזו.  – Margaret Krohn
- ככל שצומת מתקדם כך אזור השפעה שלו גדל.
- צמתים פחות מתקדמים (מכונים צמתים צמיתים) שנמצאים בתוך איזור השפעה של צומת מתקדם יותר יכולים עדיין לצבור XP, אבל חייבים להשאר בשלב התפתחות נמוך יותר מהצומת הדומיננטי.
- Due to the way the progression algorithm calculates territorial (אזור השפעה) expansion during node advancement, there is a small possibility that two nodes of the same stage end up being close to each other.
- The territory expansion algorithm takes into account the nearest coast, neighboring nodes, and the heatmap of players in surrounding areas over the last weeks or month.
Normally the algorithm that's applied to the node territorial expansion will prevent significant nodes from being in close proximity to each other... There could be a perfect storm where all of the the algorithmic progression of territory leads to having these nodes very close to each other because there's certain requirements that should that need to be available to satisfy node vassal takeovers; and it's possible that two nodes would never take each other over as vassals and end up kind of close together and spanning their territories in kind of opposite directions: The Tale of Two Cities kind of thing. – Steven Sharif
- A node does not receive XP from the nodes within its ZOI until these nodes have reached their cap.
- Players are moved to safety if they intersect with newly spawned assets during node advancement.
- Citizens of one node can contribute to the advancement of other nodes.
- The exact percentage of advancement from obtaining items or killing monsters is not going to be explicitly known to avoid "gaming" the system.
Different people have different resources invested in nodes progressing and it would be a little "gamey" if you could know exactly what was necessary at that point because that would disincentivize people from participating. – Steven Sharif
- Vassal nodes must remain one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in אלפא-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
Zones and progression
מבוכים, פשיטות, בוסים עולמיים, Mobs, משימות, אירועים, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's אזור השפעה will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
The World manager is an algorithm in Ashes of Creation that controls dynamic world elements. It acts as both a throttle and an incentive system for various activities to ensure certain parameters are within acceptable thresholds.
- Prices of hunting certificates.
- A heatmap of experience being gained to apply to node advancement.
- Transit of resources and goods between regions to drive quest rewards for nodes.
For example if you know iron is being used as a raw resource for a specific crafting path that might drive up the price of mithril or silver; and that will incentivize the market to course correct a little bit. The idea is to provide soft incentives that help to alleviate the demand and also to prop up the supply that might not be present from the economic systems. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- מצור על צומת occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node אזור השפעה (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
- Water area is considered playable area, but the exact area of land versus water is not known at this time.
480 square kilometers; which is which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The אלפא-0 map was a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The אפר של יצירה באטל רויאל map was 2.5km x 2.5km2 (6.25 km2).
- The אלפא-1 map is expected to be 96 km2.
- Node series part I
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Ashes of Creation FAQ.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-04-20 (7:22).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (55:16).
- שידור חי, 2018-07-09 (39:32).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- שידור חי, 2018-12-12 (14:48).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (3:45).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (50:20).
- וִידֵאוֹ, 2017-04-20 (0:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-08 (1:00:15).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (10:04).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (55:27).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (28:16).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:10:55).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-05 (37:52).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (31:44).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (42:45).
- שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (31:39).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- שידור חי, 2020-01-30 (1:18:12).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- שידור חי, 2017-10-31 (24:00).
- שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).