- שיפורי מיומנויות הזמינים דרך מערכת סוגי הדמויות מאפשרים לשחקנים לעצב את דמותם ותפקידם אל מחוץ לתפקידם הראשי.
יש לנו שמונה תפקידים בסיסיים; והשילוש מהווה השפעה די חזקה ביחס לשמונה המקצועות הבסיסיים. עם זאת, האזור בו ניתן לשחק בקו המפריד את השילוש הוא בבחירה של המקצוע המשני. זהו האזור בו אנחנו מערבבים בין התחומים השונים ומאפשרים לשחקנים קצת השפעה על תפקידם ועל האם או לא אפשר לסווג אותם לקטגוריה מסויימת מתוך שילוש התפקידים. – Steven Sharif
- There are four primary groups of augments assigned to each base archetype. Balancing of augments relates to the four augment groups for each of the eight archetypes.
We're not really talking about 64 true classes, we're talking about eight classes with 64 variants... There isn't as much variance between the 64 classes as you might expect. It's not like there are you know 64 different versions of... radically different classes. – Jeffrey Bard
There will be match ups in 1v1s where one class will be superior to another; and that application should be a rock-paper-scissors dynamic. We want there to be counter-play between the different classes... Instead it's going to be a group focused balance, where as long as you have the diversity of classes present, that's going to be an equal level playing field. It's going to be very dependent on skill and strategy. – Steven Sharif
Certain archetypes are capable of moving the gap between their counterpart per-se. If I am a Tank archetype and a Mage is my counter, I can take a Mage secondary and kind of bridge the divide slightly; and then move my identity that direction ever so slightly. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse class kits
- Skills/abilities are not tied specifically to weapons in castle siege mode.
- Base class skills may be able to be selected from a host of available skills for that class based on a player's progression within that season.
We had a little bit of an idea that we're going to explore with regards to each of the classes having a range of skills and abilities that players can customize that skill kit based on their progression within a season, let's say; and that progression can be gained from any of the modes and it would grant you the ability to kind of customize that skill kit for the before the siege mode or the horde mode. But that's something that might come at a later date. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing
- Healing skills are proximity based: Centered on self or centered on projectile impact.
- There will be healing potion bursts (healing grenades) that will grant life to allies.
- Healing is part of Class kits that come into play during the testing of אפר של יצירה האפוקליפסה מצור על טירות.
We have a few design theories on action combat and healing to began with phase one. Part of that will be the implementation of a class system into the castle siege and horde mode of phase one. Those will be kits that play out as skills available from an action perspective. You'll be able to target in proximity, basically so positioning is going to matter. Importantly, for healers being close to the individual party members you wish to heal. Additionally, you'll have reticle based healing methods. This would be a template that could be launched in that direction as a pulse of heels or augments. So there's a lot of different systems are playing with that you'll see more of when we get to those when we get to the castle siege system and the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode. – Steven Sharif
- Group dynamics blog.
- שידור חי, 2017-05-22 (46:04).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:40:16).
- שידור חי, 2020-10-30 (33:26).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:40:17).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (59:28).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (1:01:01).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-31 (1:14:26).
- שידור חי, 2017-10-16 (1:00:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (22:27).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:05:04).
- שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:47:55).
- שידור חי, 2018-02-09 (41:56).
- שידור חי, 2019-12-17 (1:13:14).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:06).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:09:22).
- שידור חי, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (53:15).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:12:50).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (55:44).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (53:59).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:07:51).
- שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (19:05).
- שידור חי, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (54:44).
- שידור חי, 2020-08-28 (1:19:24).
- שידור חי, 2020-05-29 (1:33:11).
- שידור חי, 2019-01-11 (41:20).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (11:38).
- שידור חי, 2019-11-22 (59:37).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- שידור חי, 2019-01-11 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-08 (19:40).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-08-17 (12:05).
- רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-12-06 (2:04).