Ashes of Creation intends to use traditional loot rules, selected by the party or raid leader.
- Group loot rules are defined on a per-rarity basis.
- A majority of party members must vote to approve any changes to group loot allocation changes.
- The developers are considering using a double-tap interaction to loot all containers within a close proximity radius.
- There won't be auto-looting pets.
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- With round-robin looting, party members take turns looting.
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system.
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
Looting rights (also known as Loot tagging) is based on a blended tag and damage done system.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- Q: If looting rights are based on a blended tag and damage done system, will there be any mechanics in place to ensure roles like tanks and healers have an equal shot even when they haven't dealt as much damage?
- A: That's the reason for the blended approach. The reason that we're doing a hybrid system between tag and damage done is for the purposes of those classes who may not be as DPS oriented as other classes. The tag system- all classes are going to have a sprinkling of immediate effects- of instantaneous casts and they can use that to tag a target, and that'll give them a modifier on the looting rights: So plus 10 or plus 15 will balance that, but it'll give them plus 10 to 15 on overall damage done if they tag the target and then their damage will make up the remainder of that percentage completion. So if I do 50 damage to a target but someone else has the tag I'm not going to be able to claim that looting right. They'll have done the other 50 plus 10 or 15. – Steven Sharif
Master gatherers may have the ability to "spoil" a boss' loot.
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
Loot tables (drop tables) of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items). Monsters drop hunting certificates, חפצים and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region. These are intended as an alternative mechanic to acquire gold.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter דמויות ללא שחקן within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates may also be used to pay housing taxes and citizen dues.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- Hunting certificates are not intended as crafting materials.
Players drop hunting certificates and other items upon death, based on their applicable death penalties.
משאבים will have differing tiers of quality for the same resource type. This is somewhat similar to Star Wars Galaxies.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
In בדיקות אלפא-1 there are 4 tiers of gatherable resources across all gathering professions:
Mount and pet drops
יצורי רכיבה and pets are dropped by world bosses on a very rare basis.
Temporary mounts that drop from bosses will age and eventually die.
If a caravan is destroyed (becomes a wreckage) it will drop a portion of the goods it was transporting. The remainder of the caravan's goods are sunk (lost) when the caravan is destroyed.
- The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region. – Steven Sharif
- Anyone may loot the caravan's wreckage.
- Caravan components may also drop when a caravan is destroyed. These components may be salvageable by the caravan owner or by other players, in the case of high grade components.
- Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.
- Q: What is the reason for requiring the destruction of a caravan by the attackers as opposed to the attackers gaining possession of the caravan?
- A: With caravans we really want to emphasize this idea of not necessarily stealing the vehicle, but being forced to achieve victory through destruction; and when you do you then have the logistical issue of how you're going to transport those goods on your own rather than servicing the transport of that by just hijacking. – Steven Sharif
AoE (Area of effect) looting is not included in the looting mechanics at the time of writing. It may be added based on feedback.
Crafted items (Crafted gear) is best-in-slot gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Crafted gear in the game is the best gear... One thing that I'm not a fan of is that you develop a crafting system in a game and you've spent a lot of time making this from a material and resource perspective. All the tables that you can receive, all the connectivity in the economy and how crafting is associated with the game; and then you undermine the crafting entirely by presenting a separate route of gear acquisition that is on-par with the crafting efforts. So here you have these people who are acquiring all of the resources getting, all the recipes, leveling up their professions and then everything they make is less or equal to anything you could just have chosen the easier path of and gone down the questing and received the best gear. So what we do focus on is that crafters make the best shit. Excuse me, the best things. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that crafted items will be on-par with boss dropped items.
Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- Master crafters will be able to influence several (but not all) stats on their crafted items.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
- Stats on crafted items will vary based on the item's rarity.
- That plays into our crafting system in and of itself. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
Crafters are able to influence what their crafted items will look like.
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
- We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
When a player dies they disintegrate into ash. The ashes contain any items lost by the player due to applicable death penalties. These ash piles are immediately lootable by any player. Player flagging is not triggered by looting.
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience).
- Durability loss.
- When players die and they take durability loss, our durability loss isn't like other games where it's a gold sink so to speak. It's a combination of both a gold sink and a material sink. So in a sense, even if you only have completed items, when you take that durability loss you are losing out on materials. It's just a debt to the materials that you are losing instead of the active loss of that material in your inventory. So now you are accruing a material debt if you want to repair and increase again the performance of those particular items that take that durability loss. – Steven Sharif
- Dropping a percentage of carried gatherables and materials that are used in the generation of something else.
- Items made for final consumption are not dropped, such as consumable items created by the Cooking and Alchemy professions.
- A percentage of the certificates a player is carrying are also dropped.
- If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player.
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Any amount of corruption allows a player to drop equipped gear upon death. The higher the corruption the greater the chances. – Steven Sharif
- These dropped items may be looted by other players.
- Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points.
- Non-corrupt players always respawn at the closest active respawn point (to their death).
- Corruption penalties occur as the corruption is gained (not just at death).
- Experience debt will scale to approximately 2 or 3 percent of the total XP for a max level player. These numbers are subject to change based on testing.
- Death penalties (mostly) do not apply to objective-based PvP (also called sanctioned events).
- There will not be death penalties applied to event-based deaths. The penalties are in the outcome of the event. So your number of deaths is likely going to impact your ability to win that particular event and that's going to be the penalty. This is it to encourage players to opt in to the events right because the more participation we have the more fun it can be; and we understand that the community at large- there's already a risk versus reward component to these events. We don't need to stack on additional risk versus reward to inhibit kind of- to increase the barrier to entry for players who may not be as interested. – Steven Sharif
- שחיקה של ציוד applies on death during קרב קרוואן.
Death by falling is possible.
- Fall damage that occurs while mounted will be first applied to the mount; and if the mount dies as a result, then the remaining damage may overflow onto the player, but this will be determined based on testing.
Death by drowning is possible.
- Players that drown will respawn on shore.
If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player.
Players do not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
- At the moment, the plan is for players to not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level. – Cody Peterson
There will not be a full loot (full drop) system in Ashes of Creation.
There will not be a full drop and the reason for that is because you know our intention when it comes to progression within the world is we want it to be meaningful and you know take some investment on behalf of the player; and if even if from a design standpoint we're like yeah but they have to choose to go to the area; we don't want a choice that a player can make where they delete their character so to speak. – Steven Sharif
The general in-game currency is referred to as gold.
- There are also specific progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- ארגונים חברתיים.
- Tavern games (potentially).
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
- There is no cap on how much currency a player can hold.
Players do not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
Items that are dragged out of a player's inventory are destroyed.
- Allowing player-dropped items (such as ציוד and Currency) to exist in the world is likely not going to be allowed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 וִידֵאוֹ, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 וִידֵאוֹ, 2023-01-27 (32:01).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 Group dynamics blog.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2023-01-27 (1:08:06).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 שידור חי, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-06-30 (1:16:22).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 פודקאסט, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ 15.00 15.01 15.02 15.03 15.04 15.05 15.06 15.07 15.08 15.09 15.10 15.11 15.12 15.13 15.14 15.15 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 שידור חי, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 שידור חי, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- ↑ וִידֵאוֹ, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 שידור חי, 2021-10-29 (1:06:31).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 29.2 שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3 31.4 31.5 31.6 31.7 31.8 31.9 פודקאסט, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (53:28).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 שידור חי, 2020-07-25 (1:04:50).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-04-30 (53:11).
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-10-20 (2:13).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-12-15 (1:04:25).
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 42.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2019-04-15 (26:59).
- ↑ 43.0 43.1 שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:04:23).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2019-04-15 (28:28).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-09-30 (1:17:13).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (48:30).
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 שידור חי, 2017-05-10 (14:45).
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 50.2 שידור חי, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- ↑ פודקאסט, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- ↑ About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ שידור חי, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- ↑ פודקאסט, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-09-24 (51:20).
- ↑ פודקאסט, 2021-04-11 (34:41).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-02-07 (13:14).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- ↑ 64.0 64.1 שידור חי, 2022-12-02 (1:26:02).
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 65.2 65.3 שידור חי, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 שידור חי, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- ↑ 68.0 68.1 68.2 רֵאָיוֹן, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-06-25 (1:15:37).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-05-28 (1:50:50).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2023-02-24 (1:29:45).
- ↑ 77.0 77.1 שידור חי, 2022-06-30 (1:14:52).
- ↑ 78.0 78.1 שידור חי, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- ↑ 79.0 79.1 שידור חי, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- ↑ 81.0 81.1 שידור חי, 2022-02-25 (1:06:45).
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 שידור חי, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- ↑ 84.0 84.1 84.2
- ↑ 85.0 85.1 שידור חי, 2019-07-26 (1:22:50).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- ↑ רֵאָיוֹן, 2021-06-13 (18:40).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-26 (54:00).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2021-03-26 (1:07:00).
- ↑ 90.0 90.1 שידור חי, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- ↑ שידור חי, 2017-05-24 (13:19).